IP2M-841B-V3 Cannot set Static IP address

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dahai8

IP2M-841B-V3 Cannot set Static IP address

Post by dahai8 »

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but I need to set a static IP address for my Amcrest IP2M-841B-V3 camera.

It has the latest firmware:

Code: Select all

Software VersionV2.800.0000000.15.R, Build Date: 2021-07-16
WEB VersionV3.2.1.18144
When I access its web page and go to Setup->Network->TCP/IP and select 'Static' for the Mode and click 'Save', I get "Null not Allowed"
I need to run this over WiFi, but when I select "Wireless" for Ethernet Card, I get "Null not Allowed"
Nothing I change on that page sticks: I make a change, click on Save, get "Null not Allowed", click Refresh and it all goes back to the defaults.

I don't have access to the router to set a static IP address there.

Any ideas?
dahai8

Re: IP2M-841B-V3 Cannot set Static IP address

Post by dahai8 »

Update: I can use the Amcrest View Pro App to set the IP address to Static, but it has no option to specify the IP address.
And the web page interface won't let me change the IP address, it just responds with "Null not Allowed" when I click on Save. Refresh just reverts back to the old IP address.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, I am not using that Version of FW I have the one listed on the FW page before the NEW one.

I will have to do some testing for the new FW tomorrow. I will DL, Install, Reset, connect to my router well 4th one in line however that is the one I connect it to on Wifi right now. I will check to see what happens on my side where it comes to trying to go from Ethernet to Wifi. I know with ASH21 that working only on Ethernet or Wifi if you connect to a wired connection the device needs to be reset and setup for wireless only to get it to work. I hope this isn't the issue with the V3. I mean while it does look like a normal 841 the v3 is really no where close to it on the inside.

So normally with Amcrest Devices, You could setup wifi static even without turning on wireless.. Then once it was setup the settings would take effect. I wonder if maybe you need to log in the camera, go to setup, then network, then wifi. Then click on the Enable, it should either list the wireless routers in reach or after clicking enable it will list them, Then click on yours, Then connect, it will ask you for the SSID and password. Once you enter that and save. It should say that it has connected. Then you will want to log out, Then log back in, then setup, network, TCP/IP and click the little drop down, then change from DCHP to Static, then make the changes you want as long as it is the same range as your wireless router it should work. Then someone will need to remove the cable from the camera and now again log into the WebUI and check that the new IP you gave it is working. Then after you can connect over WebUI then check the RTSP connection...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I DL and installed the new FW. I then Reset my camera, Setup on a wired connection. I then logged in after some working finding out what IP it had seeing it was not very kind at first. Once I got the IP I logged in and I changed the connection type to wireless, I changed the Static from DHCP, Then added back the IP I had. I logged out, I then logged back in and all was still there. I then went to Wifi, I then made my Connection to the camera over my Wifi SSID and password. I was back at the house at this time so I was not able to just remove cable, So I deactivated the port the 841v3 is connected to on my Switch and once I did this I lost connection. Then because I made same IP that I had it before the camera came back online my NVR. I knew then the IP address was good and wifi was working. I then logged in to the WebUI on that IP address and all is working as expected.

Now I am not sure what is going on or how your making a remote connection. I wonder if the issues your running into isn't camera related yet firewall or router based issues? I know that my setup isn't the same as yours. While I have mine connected to a router out side my normal router that is only for connection of Wifi devices the IP are still handed out by my main Router. Now because my router's are on different switches and I didn't want to turn off my router I did connect my 841v3 to a port on my Switch that I would be able to turn on and off though the Switch UI,

I am not going out these this week however I will keep doing some testing and if I can't get things to change into the issue that your having I will move it to my Cabin that is 2 hours away and on a different switch/router and network all together. This connection I don't use a tunnel and all devices are connected at that location over P2P. Personally I don't like to work with Wifi out there because if there is an issue and I need to Reset the camera I will not have access over P2P anymore on ASP to make changes that would be needed after a Reset. Main issue for me and ASP is that I have yet found the spot to make changes for wifi in the Device settings. Using ASP if you look at the Wifi device it will show up a different IP and Mac address then the one used for Wifi. No access to wireless setup that I know of right now or remember knowing at anytime. Memory isn't as good as it used to be..
Be Safe
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

That is strange. I can't even get it to switch to Wireless card.

Here is where I select Wireless for the Ethernet Card:
AM1.png
AM1.png (76.93 KiB) Viewed 3853 times

And it immediate responds with this error and goes back to Wire(Default):
AM2.png
AM2.png (79.73 KiB) Viewed 3853 times

If I click on Static and click on Save, I get this error:
AM3.png
AM3.png (79.84 KiB) Viewed 3853 times

***Reply continued as this board only allows 3 image attachments.***
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Off what I see there I would try to use a different IP for wireless. I think that is the issue. For me anyway my ip address for my wired and wifi are not the same. I know in some FW some time ago one could use the same IP address for both. The issue is Mac address is different for wifi then wired and it is seeing it as a IP Conflict.

While I didn't make these cameras and I don't have 100% idea that is my Guess from what I see..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is how mine comes out I did change the wireless to being default as well but don't think that had anything to do with it
Screenshot (2655).png
Screenshot (2655).png (159.2 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
Screenshot (2656).png
Screenshot (2656).png (160.03 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Did you click on the Network/wifi and enable your wifi? Sorry I don't know yours is not acting the same way mine is.

I think if your able I would update the software to the last one that I had installed. You can find it on the Amcrest Website Maybe yours was updated to the Current FW from an older one and skipped the last. (Meaning)

Seeing mine had the last FW on it and mine is working ok maybe there was an issue going from the older FW that was first on your camera, Please note it is not always easy to understand how someone has the system setup *was it new or was it bought used with that FW already on was it Referb with known issues from before* So while I might say things that seems out of context that is why. Like buying new with the FW you have on it now would be a statement that the camera wasn't new. Then another thing buying camera new with factory loaded FW updating to the current FW might have something out of whack. So doing a downgrade might cure the issue seeing you have already Reset it once my guess is it wasn't that type of a needed fix..
Be Safe
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

So after selecting Static from the previous post and clicking save, I then click on Refresh and it reverts back to DHCP:
AM4.png
AM4.png (79.16 KiB) Viewed 3852 times

Here is the full version:
AM5.png
AM5.png (61.98 KiB) Viewed 3852 times

OK WHERE IS THE FACE-PALM EMOJI ???

I have this same model and firmware version of this camera installed in my apartment on my home network. No remoting in/VPN/firewall/etc issues.

AND I tried changed it: It works CORRECTLY! (face-palm).

I never bothered to try setting static IP addresses on it because I set all the static IPs through the DHCP service in pfSense on my local router.

So, yup, I think you nailed it: Its either some network setting (firewall, blocking, etc) or perhaps something odd on the Google Fiber network where they are installed.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this, but I am working on getting access to the Google Fiber router so I can set those static IP addresses in it DHCP tables.

Thank you for all your help. Sorry to trouble you with a Rabbit Hole non-issue.

Cheers!
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Quick Note:
I'm going to see if I can get someone to access it's Web Page locally on-site and see if they can set static IP's just to ensure its a networking/firewall/routing issue and truly not a camera issue.

I will post an update.