IP2M-841B-V3 Cannot set Static IP address

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dahai8

Re: IP2M-841B-V3 Cannot set Static IP address

Post by dahai8 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:14 pm Off what I see there I would try to use a different IP for wireless. I think that is the issue. For me anyway my ip address for my wired and wifi are not the same. I know in some FW some time ago one could use the same IP address for both. The issue is Mac address is different for wifi then wired and it is seeing it as a IP Conflict.

While I didn't make these cameras and I don't have 100% idea that is my Guess from what I see..
The Wired IP is 192.168.1.188
The wireless is 192.168.1.124

I have to go to the Wifi menu to see the Wifi IP address, I can't select the Wireless card to see its Wifi Address as it gives that Null Error and goes back to Wired.
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:31 pm Did you click on the Network/wifi and enable your wifi? Sorry I don't know yours is not acting the same way mine is.

I think if your able I would update the software to the last one that I had installed. You can find it on the Amcrest Website Maybe yours was updated to the Current FW from an older one and skipped the last. (Meaning)

Yes, Wifi is enabled and currently running over it.

You bring up an interesting thought:
The ones at the remote location (those I'm having this issue with), came with the latest firmware already installed: V2.800.0000000.15.R, Build Date: 2021-07-16

The ones I have in my house (locally, and working properly) cam with older firmware and I upgraded it to the latest (V2.800.0000000.15.R, Build Date: 2021-07-16) - I don't recall what the original firmware version was, but it was a few years old

So I wonder if there is an issue with the pre-installed firmware at the remote location and if re-installing it would fix things.

I will try that if local access via a friend still fails to set static IP addresses.

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So if the ones Remote came with that FW installed then it was used because Amcrest has a Pre-Set type of FW installed when they are Built. Because the V3 is at least 2 years old it would have came with at least a 2020 package from factory. With it having the latest FW installed if it was bought (What you thought was NEW) I would if you bought it form Amazon and within the 30day return time I would return for refund. Then I would if you still want the V3 I would go Directly to Amcrest website and buy from Amcrest web and not using the Amazon link. Problem is it must have been a returned item after someone installed new FW didn't like it and didn't put the old one back on rather just returned it. The return dept found it booted up and resold it maybe it was sold as a Rep however if it was SOLD as new I wouldn't accept it.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:00 am So if the ones Remote came with that FW installed then it was used because Amcrest has a Pre-Set type of FW installed....
...The return dept found it booted up and resold it maybe it was sold as a Rep however if it was SOLD as new I wouldn't accept it.
Yeah, I'd be screwed. They were all bought on Amazon, all sold as 'New' and all past their 30 day return window.

I'll still try having someone access it locally.
If that doesn't work, then I'll re-update the firmware and factory reset.
And if that doesn't work, I'll get access to the Router and set the IP's in the DHCP table.
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Interim update:

Access the camera locally still results in the same "Null not Allowed" error on the Network->TCP/IP screen for any change to any field.

I tried updating the firmware to the same release (twice) with a factory reset each time and still no joy on the Network->TCP/IP screen.

While waiting on access to the router and its DHCP tables, I am going to open a ticket with Amcrest support and see if they can help.

p.s. I realize you are the site admin, and perhaps part of Amcrest support, but maybe this will get this issue to level 2 support or deeper to get this issue resolved.

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No Problem, I don't work for Amcrest only help on the Forum so the Techs can keep to the phones and emails.

Personally I would as I had said, DL the one just before the latest. On the FW page there are 2 packages for the v3 and most others online. One is older then the latest and that might be the key to the issue. As I was saying before. System might have been updated from Build FW to the current one and the flaw might be from that update. Seeing mine was just on the package before and still works even after a update to the new package it might be there is the issue without the one I was using before.
Be Safe
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:48 pm
Personally I would as I had said, DL the one just before the latest.
Sorry, didn't mean to ignore that idea. I should have responded.
I am hesitant to downgrade the release as some of the other cameras and IOT devices I've owned can be bricked by doing so. While there are no warnings on Amcert's support site about downgrading, I'd still rather wait to see what they suggest before proceeding.

Thanks again for all your help. I'll keep posting updates.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No Problem and understand. Only issue that has been out there is from 2019 when Amcrest moved to JS based FW. People trying to go back to older FW could brick the device. Normally if there is an issue with FW Amcrest will remove the device from the Website until a new FW is made and upload that one. So your right it can happen but again Amcrest normally would have caught it and removed the 2 FW. Why remove the 2, Well not 100% sure however I think it has something to do with the last one made and a flaw if there was not one on the web someone might try going back to one they had already DL once before and so rather then people DL that File and have more bad devices its best to just remove them both..

So just wanted to show that I did just Downgrade mine. Now I would think that as many videos I have made I would know how to use my software better. I say this because while searching for the files it don't show that box in the video however so it is understood I show the camera details before and after the Downgrade.

https://youtu.be/5JE5kq-ReHc
Be Safe
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

This camera *hates* me

I watched you video (THANK YOU!) and so went ahead and tried to downgrade. This is how it went:
1. System -> Upgrade -> Browse (Amcrest_IPC-Consumer-Web-Mao-Molec_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.800.0000000.6.R.200314.bin) -> Upgrade
2. 5+ minutes of TERROR! It took much longer to reboot than in your video. Thought for sure I'd bricked it.
3. Finally came up but copyright at the bottom of the login still showed 2021 (your video shows it change back to 2020)
4. Checked Network->TCP-IP and still get "Null not Allowed" on any change.
6. Checked Information->Version. Still "Software Version V2.800.0000000.15.R, Build Date: 2021-07-16"
So apparently the downgrade failed and it reverted back to the 'current' version.

So I tried again:
1. System -> Default Settings -> Factory Default (just to see if that would help)
2. It rebooted and required me to change the default password (which I did)
3. System -> Upgrade -> Browse (Amcrest_IPC-Consumer-Web-Mao-Molec_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.800.0000000.6.R.200314.bin) -> Upgrade
4. Again a very long time to reboot (longer than your total video)
5. Finally came back up but still with 2021 copywrite at bottom on login page.
6. Checked Network->TCP-IP and still get "Null not Allowed" on any change.
7. Checked Information->Version. Still "Software Version V2.800.0000000.15.R, Build Date: 2021-07-16"
So apparently the downgrade still failed and it reverted back to the 'current' version.

So, yup, something is really bonkers with this camera (and I got two of them at this location behaving the exact same way). Argh

Thanks again for your help. We'll see what tech support says.
PPenet

Post by PPenet »

I left the settings as they were (i.e. DHCP etc) and changed the IP directly on my router and set it to static. The camera has then automatically adopted this IP at the next startup and works.