IP2M-841B-V3 Cannot set Static IP address

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dahai8

Re: IP2M-841B-V3 Cannot set Static IP address

Post by dahai8 »

PPenet wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:17 am I left the settings as they were (i.e. DHCP etc) and changed the IP directly on my router and set it to static. The camera has then automatically adopted this IP at the next startup and works.
Thanks for testing that. That's my backup plan should tech support be unable to fix this issue.
Now let's hope that feature isn't broken on my two cameras as well (and that I didn't just jinx it by saying that! :o )

Cheers!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting. Mine is first gen v3 so could be there is a chip issue and the ones having problems are of newer builds.. sounds like this isn't isolated
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you have not made a Ticket I would for sure get a ticket in so someone can look deeper into this.

Odd thing is you mention that you were able to up grade to same FW however when you tried to down grade it failed I wonder if maybe as Tech mentioned to me that it might have taking longer then mine do to FW file not fullying being sent and seeing your trying to do this remote it might be a Choke point for your system. While mine is on a different Router it is within my local property just placed over 300 feet from my normal router so I have to use a different router for wifi connections. Plus that router back there is older and slower with less CPU and Ram then my normal router. It might be that your upgrade to same FW failed as well but not known seeing it is same FW and just reverts back to same info. Could be a package issue.
Be Safe
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

I have opened a ticket and referenced this thread in it as well so they can see what's already been tried and the results.
I got a response from Benjamin asking me to try Network->TCP/IP -> Refresh -> Static -> Save (and to it very quickly).
But it didn't work and still resulted in "Null not allowed" error. Clicking Refresh again showed it was still set to DHCP.

I'll see about having someone locally try to downgrade the firmware.

Thanks!
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Update: Tried the update locally and still no joy. It didn't not accept it. Uploaded and it automatically Rebooted. Waited a LONG time for the reboot and when it came back it was still copyright 2021 and .15. version.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well if it was less then a year old it sounds like it might need to be RMA Replaced. That is crazy issue. Sorry to hear it couldn't be something easy
Be Safe
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Support is not giving me a warm fuzzy. Over the past 3 days, they've only had two suggestions:

1. Network->TCP/IP->Refresh/Static/Save
2. Try #1 again

I've tried this multiple times, as fast as possible, and still no joy.
Hope they can come up with something else to try.
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Ok. I think I stumbled upon a 'temporary' fix, that's laughably obvious:

Network->TCP/IP->Reset Defaults->Save

I can then make changes to anything on that page and its actually sticks! (for a while at least)

After playing around with the settings to see what does and doesn't work, it has reverted back to "Null not allowed" on occasion and I then have to click on Reset Default and then Save again, and start over.

But it seems, for now, that once I have everything set the way I want, it does actually work. I can set the static IP address of the Wired and Wireless Cards and it honors it.

3 issues remain:
1. Even after this, I doubt I can downgrade to the previous release (I will test that and post an update).
2. Why doesn't a Full System Reset (Menus or Button) fix the network tab as well?
3. What is causing the "Null not Allowed" to re-appear after the Reset Defaults on that page?
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Quick update:
Downgrading the firmware still fails as before.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You have Amcrest Cloud for camera?
Be Safe