IP5M-B1186E IR Light Resets to Auto

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
securitay

IP5M-B1186E IR Light Resets to Auto

Post by securitay »

Since upgrading to V2.820.00AC000.0.R, Build Date: 2022-03-25, no matter what I change the setting to the camera resets IR Light back to Auto.

Has anyone experienced this or anything else strange with this recent firmware version?
securitay

Re: IP5M-B1186E IR Light Resets to Auto

Post by securitay »

Checking the logs, something named System is setting Night back to Auto. What is system and what would make it do this?

User Name: System
Type: Save Configuration
Content:
Name: Light Setting
securitay

Post by securitay »

I just learned there's both a Lighting and a Lighting_V2 with Lighting having a array of 4 configs while there's only 3 in Lighting_V2. I changed all to Off in the GUI and then manually changed the one that didn't match to Off with setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Off and within a minute everything except that one is back to Auto. Frustrating...
securitay

Post by securitay »

When the camera is set for the Night profile, executing this command eventManager.cgi?action=attach&codes=[All] will reset IR Light to Auto.

This seems very much to me like this bug with the AD110: https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... 9-s90.html
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Since the problem started when you installed the most current firmware, go to amcrest.com/firmware and try using the previous firmware for your camera that is dated 210712. It may or may not load. Follow the webpage on how to load firmware. I would try that firmware if no other solution is found.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

jack7 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:05 am Since the problem started when you installed the most current firmware, go to amcrest.com/firmware and try using the previous firmware for your camera that is dated 210712. It may or may not load. Follow the webpage on how to load firmware. I would try that firmware if no other solution is found.
Maybe the reason you changed to latest firmware was because the previous firmware I mentioned, 210712, was causing you problems?

On latest firmware, What Profile Management settings are you using?  If not using Day/Night there, try using it after you have all your IR Light, and Day & Night settings set to where you want them. 
securitay

Post by securitay »

I reverted back the firmware and entered a support request with Amcrest.

I found several differences between the settings with this firmware version and the previous one, but even manually changing them to match didn't prevent the camera from changing Off back to Auto.
timtrace

Post by timtrace »

Resurrecting your topic :D I am wondering, did you ever find a solution?

I have three IP8M-2496EW-V2 @ V2.820.00AC000.0.R which seem to be exhibiting the same problem, with the same entries appearing in their logs.

In Camera-Configuration, Profile Management tab, I've selected "General." Then on the Configuration tab, I've set all three profiles to IR Light=Off, saving each time.

At the end of it all, I want these cameras to switch between day/night settings, but never turn on their IR lights. I have IR illuminators that cover a much broader area much more hotly than the camera's built-in IR lights ever could.

Please let me know how this ended up for you. Thank you.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@timtrace
Have you ever done this?
Change all settings for day and night profiles to whatever you want.  Save.
Then enable Day/Night in Profile Management.  Save.

That should work for your camera.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@timtrace
UPDATE: In my last post, I should have also said to set Configuration day mode to color and night mode to B/W, and set day and night IR to OFF before enabling Day/Night in Profile Management.