RTSP (VLC) and ffmpeg syntax

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: RTSP (VLC) and ffmpeg syntax

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I mean this one does bring back some data or my AI camera not sure if it is the info your looking for but just use your cameras IP in place of mine
http://10.0.0.160/cgi-bin/devVideoAnaly ... &channel=1
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I recommend searching for and downloading the Amcrest HTTP API doc to learn what all the "Get" device capabilities commands are. There are a lot.

I find this command to be the most useful to list the current active configurations...

<ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=All
YetAnotherDave

Post by YetAnotherDave »

Now working on Home Assistant with the Dahua HACS integration https://github.com/rroller/dahua

I appreciate your quick responses. Thanks again!
YetAnotherDave

Post by YetAnotherDave »

GaryOkie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:00 pm I recommend searching for and downloading the Amcrest HTTP API doc to learn what all the "Get" device capabilities commands are. There are a lot.

I find this command to be the most useful to list the current active configurations...

<ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=All
Will do.. that returns a LOT of data. very nice.
davidnpgtech

Post by davidnpgtech »

An alternative that I used instead of FFServer was Red5 Pro. On Ubuntu, I used this line:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -f pulse -i default -f video4linux2 -thread_queue_size 64 -framerate 25 -video_size 640x480 -i /dev/video0 -pix_fmt yuv420p -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -profile:v baseline -level:v 3.2 -c:v libx264 -x264-params keyint=120:scenecut=0 -c:a aac -b:a 128k -ar 44100 -f rtsp -muxdelay 0.1 rtsp://localhost:8554/live/paul