Can't access cameras web UI or through 3rd Party Viewer

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
leshric

Can't access cameras web UI or through 3rd Party Viewer

Post by leshric »

I have seven cameras, mix of IP3M-956E and IP2M-841E. This morning, I cannot access the web UI via IP address, and I cannot view them in a 3rd party camera app (IP Camera Viewer 4). They still function via the AmcrestViewPro iOS app.

I have verified that the IP addresses have not changed, and I rebooted all the cameras as well. I'm accessing them on a local network from the same subnet. They respond to ping, and the IP Camera Viewer 4 app is able to auto-detect them.

Any ideas why all seven cameras would cease to function at the same time? Did a certificate expire or something? Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't access cameras web UI or through 3rd Party Viewer

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Sorry your having some issues with your 3rd Party software.. I am going to guess there isn't anything with the cameras that is making this not work and might be better served to contact the Support for the 3rd party software and see if they can help... Amcrest don't support anything outside of the Apps and or NVR's they sell. While most things will work with Blue Iris and they do promote this even Blue Iris at times have issues with some cameras from them..

If all cameras as you mention stop working it kind of sounds like there was an update on the Software platform that requires something different from what you were doing before and might even been an update to your computer there are so many different things that can cause a Software fail...
Be Safe.
leshric

Post by leshric »

Thanks, but note, I also said that I can't access the Web UI for the cameras either. I've tried multiple computers and multiple browsers. No recent windows updates have been installed.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

If all your cameras are attached to the same POE switch, maye the switch or its LAN cable has a problem.  In View Pro, you are probably using P2P connections which may be doing something different that allows them to work.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure how your connection was working and was able to work with app unless it is like jack7 says and is running off the SN of the camera though P2P.. Then have to look at the IP that your connected to VIA your computer and make sure that your camera is on the same Network Range (So like if your Computer is 192.168.1.101 and your camera is on a different range it might not even work over P2P) if that range isn't in your Routers table however if it is like your Router gives out IP's to 192.168.1.109 and your cameras are above that set but in the Range it might still work as I found on one of my own routers..

This brings something else that it might be and could be hard to fix.. However I found that one of my NVR's and maybe more I have not checked others, But one of them if I connect to the NVR POE port that camera even with a Static IP will Get a new IP within the Range of the NVR's Host. 10.1.1.xxx (Most of them) However if I take that camera and connect to a network in that same range I can't access the camera because the Gateway never got changed when the NVR changed the IP so the Gateway from my old 10.0.23.xxx was in the gate way slot. Once I changed that to meet the right gate way of the current Network it works again.. Without knowing how to fix that only way to fix it normally would be to do a factory Reset of the camera.. However if you don't want to you can even do a Straight connect to the camera cable from your computer to cameras cable with Static IP of camera range and can make connection even with bad gateway..

Outside of all that, Might want to make sure that your Cameras were not connected to a VPN to make them so someone that connects to the system can't access and try to hack your cameras!?

There are just a lot of things it could be..

Might want to Reset one and see if that gets your ability to access it again...

Maybe IP Config Tool might be able to see deep enough in the camera to fix it as well. I have never tried...
Be Safe.