New AD410 doorbell dies within 5 minutes

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New AD410 doorbell dies within 5 minutes

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes if you didn't skip the install of the Chime then it will kill your camera to be powered by the 2 pins in the back. Only USB power will work from then on.. Now I know that Amcrest had told me when I told them about all the issues that people were having with the Ad410 no longer working on transformer power they said they were working on Removing the option to add from the setup and make people that wanted one added to do it after it was already running. Clicking the little icon on the top right, then Amcrest chimes, first option Link Digital/Mechanical Chime in there neither of them should be clicked on if you have none..

However not 100% sure that it will show one is or isn't connected as my 410 is stand alone and mine shows none.. Also when I last Reset my AD410 it wasn't very happy and took 3 times to reset where I could connect to it so I am not trying to Reset again to test.. Don't remember when I bought it now but think it has past the Warranty period for a Replacement if it bricks..

If there is one listed in your Smart Home app when you look in the setup as outlined above then I would personally Reset the camera, remove the camera from app, Then add the camera back to setup again. Just before the End it will have option (Did normally if they didn't change it) to add chime, scrolling down there will be the word SKIP
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Frans

Post by Frans »

The first two steps were video instructions of installing the camera and the second was installing the chime. After that I don't see the chime come back during the install. Maybe they already changed the setup procedure. Lets hope it doesn't die.
If it does I will post it here.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It would die off button presses not just the normal powering of the camera.. See when the button is pressed the camera uses a micro relay to cause a Switch (Closed Circuit) and depending on the type of unit was setup Mech or Digital it will be from 3 to 10 second of the (Short) the Amcrest Chime kit does 2 things. It helps the camera get the right power needed when connected to the unit with the normal setup of there being a Indoor chime. The second part of this Chime Kit is to absorb the power that would normally be feeding the camera in normal stand by mode. Kind of the same thing it is doing to pass the Voltage to the camera while not making the indoor chime go off in stand by mode..

Anyway if you don't have many people pressing the doorbell button it could last a while.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

hummm YEah I am going to guess that I will need to go Reset and make an updated Install VIdeo or something.. Problem with a lot of the Videos I see they offer way to much JUNK that isn't needed and does nothing but confuse people...

If you looked at the Amcrest Ad410 Video install, The video showing install of the Doorbell and then at the End makes you click on a different Video and that other Video is FROM 2019 with the install setup of the AD110. WHen it gets to the area to install Chime there are many or a good few things that is different in the app from when the Doorbells first came out and isn't showing in that 2019 SH app video..

Yes in truth it don't show in the video there is a SKIP that is because in the app you have to MOVE the screen down at that point to reveal the Skip Option..

I wish the Ad410 was as easy to Reset as the Ad110 is. That camera can remove plate and press button AD410 have to remove whole camera, flap and then press Micro Button that even the little key isn't happy about lol..

I don't think they have changed the Setup I will reset one of my 110 to see as it is easier to show with that.. and Post. Don't want a Camera to Die when it don't have to..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I was doing a screen record that is why there is funny looking button at the top ignore that lol.. But I thought I will just take a Snapshot on my phone is faster then uploading a video of an install...

This is from my S21 Ultra
Screenshot_20220113-140627_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20220113-140627_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (269.27 KiB) Viewed 547 times
Be Safe