Does price drop mean new cameras coming?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
RonM

Does price drop mean new cameras coming?

Post by RonM »

Picked up a couple more 4k cameras last week. The prices are finally dropping. Do you think new cameras are coming out? Not really happy with the 5mp screen resolution (wide screen stretches picture) and 4mp cameras are non existent. Might need to go 4k on all.
EddieColeslawski

Re: Does price drop mean new cameras coming?

Post by EddieColeslawski »

It looks like they are focusing on AI cameras as the next evolution, so you can probably get non AI cameras at a deal now. You can get interior 4mp cameras, however. But yeah, I think going 4k on all is the best. If you are looking to be as economical as possible I believe they still have 1080 exterior cameras which will still give you the 16:9 aspect ratio, but they are probably working on fully deprecating those.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

In all Honesty if your in a Low Light area and need the best CCTV solution for the buck I would keep the 4mp or lower in your line up. There are some really good 4k cameras out there for night time use but they are VERY costly to build and buy. Or in the areas you want 4k coverage but need a good night camera then Dual the camera setup for that location..
Be Safe.
EddieColeslawski

Post by EddieColeslawski »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:48 am In all Honesty if your in a Low Light area and need the best CCTV solution for the buck I would keep the 4mp or lower in your line up. There are some really good 4k cameras out there for night time use but they are VERY costly to build and buy. Or in the areas you want 4k coverage but need a good night camera then Dual the camera setup for that location..
Experiences do vary, but I am generally happy with the nighttime/IR performance of my IP8M-2493's. I live in an area with high light pollution, so maybe that factors into it. The only issue I ran into is I initially had too much of my house's siding in two of shots, so it caused the siding to be lit at night, but made the the grassy areas I was actually trying to surveil be almost pitch black by contrast that it was actually better with the IR lights off. But once I readjusted the shots, they work perfectly sand I am really happy with it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You using the V2 or the Normal one? Would be interested in getting one for some testing.. Any issue with Motion Blur? I use most of my cameras with IR off and Even the White Light off. ONly 1 camera in my line up that I leave the White light on and that is because it is a DUMB camera that is color only at night. in location it is installed no light no sight so can't really tell it is on when looking in that area (Meaning it isn't for outdoor lighting) but is enough light to have camera work well in Pure Darkness..
Be Safe.