Surveillance Pro feeds keep randomly freezing...

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
NYR99

Surveillance Pro feeds keep randomly freezing...

Post by NYR99 »

My setup:

NVR: NV4108E-HS
Cameras: (2) IP8M-T2599EW and (6) IP5M-T1179EW-28MM

I have a Windows PC (Intel i7) dedicated to only running Amcrest Surveillance Pro all day so I can see a live feed of all my cameras while in my living room. (CPU usage never goes above 8% and RAM usage never goes above 20%)

I have a total of 9 live views up (8 of my local cameras, and 1 of the cameras at my parent's house). All 9 feeds are set to sub-stream (~500kbps each).

The problem I am having:

Some of the feeds will randomly freeze. There are no errors or anything, it just pauses a few (or sometimes most) of the feeds, while some others will keep working as intended. Sometimes everything will be fine for over 24 hours, but then I will leave my house, come back, and some of them will be frozen. As I type this, 6 of my 8 local feeds are frozen, and the 9th feed from my parent's house is fine. I know the actual cameras are working correctly because if I pull them up on my phone, they are good. So I think the problem is with Surveillance Pro, and not the cameras or NVR.

To fix it, I just have to go to each feed, select main stream, and it'll un-freeze, then I go back to sub-stream, and everything will be back to normal. Or I can also just restart the program... Only to hope they don't freeze again, or that I quickly notice when they inevitably do.

I really hope this is fixable, it has been a headache. Thank you!
jack7

Re: Surveillance Pro feeds keep randomly freezing...

Post by jack7 »

One possibility or guess:
You may be pushing the limits of your NVR at times with 16 NVR POE video streams input to NVR.  Perhaps NVR sometimes stops one or more active substreams going to ASP.
You could try removing some streams temporarily to see if problem stops.  Or try using H.265 on streams to reduce bandwidth.
NYR99

Post by NYR99 »

I was thinking that, but if I bring up the stream on my phone while the stream on the computer is still frozen, it works fine, so the NVR is still outputting the sub stream and main stream.
steventa

Post by steventa »

I am also having this issue. Were you able to find a solution?

I have 6 cameras running, 2 will "pause" one of them is very consistent as it will update the image every 9 seconds while the other may go minutes without updating. This only happens on the hdmi out. If I pull up the feeds on my phone or playback, everything is smooth running.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

This may solve the problem for someone.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... nd-Bitrate