ip4m-1026e not powering up

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
wbrunc

ip4m-1026e not powering up

Post by wbrunc »

I just bought an ip4m-1026e camera and I'm trying to do the initial setup using AmCrest View Pro on my phone . I've tried using a POE injector but the camera doesn't power up.
I've also tried a power adapter ( from a ip2m-842 camera ) and still nothing. Any suggestions of other things I can try ?
Thanks,
wbrunc
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ip4m-1026e not powering up

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum,

So 2 things come to mind or 3 maybe..

First is the POE Injector setup for a Product of its own kind, Or does it have a 48 to 55v injection point? If it is say 24v or less then 48v my guess is that it wouldn't work..

Next you used a 842 camera power supply is that 12v 2amps or better.. Because if you connect the camera Via the 12vdc power jack it needs to have 2amp current rating..

Next and is really most important for all needs of a Network IP camera that will run on POE is your cable Real Copper 4 pair cable? A lot of the cables that people sale on line that says it is POE rating cable are not even copper and can damage your camera...

For best Results. A POE af or better switch or NVR POE is needed and as a testing source a good 12v 2amp power supply can be used for testing and or working with the camera full time but the main reason to buy a POE camera is for the ability to run only 1 cable the ethernet...

Also are you 100% sure that the Camera is not powering up? At times they can be loaded on a Static setup and hard to find the IP unless a NVR, IP Config or using arp command at a C prompt however that don't always give the IP of some cameras.. Like my Hikvision 4mp IP camera I had to use their tool to activate the camera before it would even be seen by any hardware..
Be Safe.
wbrunc

Post by wbrunc »

Thanks for your answers
Here are my responses:

1 - TP-LINK 802.3af Gigabit PoE Injector. Power Supply: 15.4W (Max. 48VDC)

2 - 842 camera power supply is 12v 2amps

3 - Copper 4 pair cable -- 24AWG/4PRS .

4 - Also are you 100% sure that the Camera is not powering up? At times they can be loaded on a Static setup and hard to find the IP unless a NVR, IP Config or using arp command ... .

I think this might be the. I used to be able to use AMCrest IP Config tool but I need to figure the login. admin / admin no longer works and the password that I'm sure I set it to doesn't work either. I'll keep trying.
Thanks,
wbrunc
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly this camera isn't an easy camera to do a Reset..

Take off the front cover, then remove the 4 screws that hold on the IR PCB, unplug the IR PCB from the main MB, the reset switch for the camera is located near the IR plug area.. Power the camera up and press and hold that button in after some time and forgive me I can't remember if this is one of the faster or longer resets but you should feel a click happen when the IRC clicks after a reset.. Then you can let go of the button and I would let it load all the way up before removing power and installing the removed hardware it will not harm the camera.. Infact I would log in an do the first part of the setup before installing the IR back in just because I like to make sure things have time to fully start up after a reset...

Without knowing what the password is your best bet is doing a Reset..

I have sent you a pvt message. that may help
Be Safe.
wbrunc

Post by wbrunc »

Thanks again for you tips. The problem turned out to be a faulty port on my router. Things are working now.
wbrunc
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad to hear it is working again...

Be Safe
Be Safe.