IP2M-841B-V3 does not even try to send Email

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
sidamos

IP2M-841B-V3 does not even try to send Email

Post by sidamos »

I am testing configuration of Emails.

Because sending the test mail always fails (tried Gmail, Yahoo, Other for my own server), I captured the network traffic at my own server for the given port.

I can see, that the camera not even tries to connect and send something to the configured server/port.

Anyone had this problem before? Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B-V3 does not even try to send Email

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be Honest, Set up your Camera for P2P connection to your phone and then setup your Amcrest View Pro app to Push it will be faster and works every time..

Also there is no server that will be holding your footage P2P is you and your camera no one between..

Please note.. When you setup your camera, your camera then gets an alert it sends it to your phone.. It is a Direct Connection with your camera and your phone there is no server..

With a Email, your camera connects to your out going email server, this might have 10 to 20 hops then once it gets to the out going server that sever has to get the feed from your camera and can take time to load, then that will be transmitted to your incoming mail server where it is stored. This server might have already sent you a update to mail just before the new incoming mail got to the box and now you have to wait for the email server to send you a new update to email...

P2P is almost Instant I have a Video that shows even before the car is out of the frame my phone gets the alert that there was motion and it was able to play the clip right away no delay
Be Safe.
sidamos

Post by sidamos »

That is all true for motion events. However, I'd also like to get an Email if something is wrong with the SD card for example.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is also part of Push Notices there is a lot that it will tell you not just motion...

Anyway just an idea thought I would offer a solution that is fast and no one would have a standing point that could be hacked or tracked like if someone got a hold of your email address now all the pictures or video clips are in their hands..

Anyway I mostly use my NVR seeing it has a lot of my cameras in it already but I wanted to show you that you have HDD aka SD info in cameras P2P push as well.. So I took 2 clips from my phone to save space I added them to 1 image on the left a small area it is my POE721 camera you can see it is same info as my NVR.. SO just showing that both cam push same but my POE721 also has alarms because my NVR don't offer that it isn't in its lineup...
20201127_041644.jpg
20201127_041644.jpg (199.08 KiB) Viewed 434 times
Be Safe.
sidamos

Post by sidamos »

You are right. Thanks for the pointer.

Unfortunately, the Android app crashes when I enable notifications for disk errors. Same happens with the beta version of the app.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am at a loss.. Things seem to work for me just fine. I have not had any of the issues I guess I would try to contact Support by email or calling them and see if they can help you with a solution.

I had my own Email server for a year so I could get emails seeing most of my older cameras no longer get FW updates.. However after about 6 months I gave up the idea of Emails when I started to notice that the time to get the notice was so much longer then other system cameras I owned and found that the P2P was why they were so much faster.. Since then I have moved over to all P2P and I have been much happier with the results also easier to turn off alerts and don't have to have 1000 emails in my inbox that others could gain access to..
Be Safe.
sidamos

Post by sidamos »

It was my own fault. Support gave me this link:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ail-Alerts

Now Gmail, Yahoo Mail and my local server are working. I think, I did not save before test.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Aww ok Glad to hear you have it work now..
Be Safe.