Amazon Alexa and AD110 Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
charlesmbell

Amazon Alexa and AD110 Doorbell

Post by charlesmbell »

Recently installed doorbell and amcrest smart home app. All is working.

But amazon aleza app keeps re-adding the doorbell.

I registered the skill, added the device it get discovered and works fine.

Then a day later, I get an alexa app alert that the amcrest doorbell was added.

Seems like it is removing and readding the device and over and over.

anyone else seen this?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amazon Alexa and AD110 Doorbell

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum

Sadly I don't use Alexa so I am not sure.. However I am wondering if you have checked the App just prior to the Alexa Readd? It almost sounds like the Camera is on older then 702 FW and might have Cloud Connection issues?

What FW is your Doorbell camera on? 702 was the last known Stable one however there was one that was released for a couple of days 2 weeks ago so might have updated to the 828.. However if your on older then 702 and it is being offered I would update to it and see if that curves your issue..

Next thing is that your camera doorbell is having power issues and when it Re-adds it that is because it has come back online after power off event?

While some people have issues with the doorbell for different reasons 16vac and 30va transformer is Min.. Need to keep eye on Night time Reboots and there is a weekly Reboot on Tue 2am so if it is after that time on that day that your getting a Re-add that might be why as well...
Be Safe.
charlesmbell

Post by charlesmbell »

Thanks. Yes I am on 702. No update offered. Good thought on the ip monitoring. I am monitoring the doorbell via icmp from my home automation system. So I can setup a trigger if it looses connectivity and email me then check the time stamps from Alexa re-adds. And I am running in parallel with a 16vac chime and using blue-iris so I would see an event there too if it’s power.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

If you can't fix it, you could try Blue Iris with Alexa.
https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/blue-iris ... ost-458094
charlesmbell

Post by charlesmbell »

Not a power issue. Just happened again and I was monitoring the doorbell via ping. No misses. And at 5pm Alexa app re-discovered again. Not sure what’s up.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest without the Camera Logs at the time it is going to be hard to know what is going on..

Also it could be Network issues, there are many things and it could even be Alexa for that matter..
Be Safe.
eb4three

Post by eb4three »

Having the same issue. Definitely an Amcrest / Alexa issue ... I have 2 Amcrest doorbells (different locations) and both are being added new to Alexa daily. Problem is that when I try to view on a TV it says that there are more than one device with that name. Asks me to rename the device and try again... smh.. any solutions out there would be greatly appreciated.