IP2M-853EW Firmware Not Available?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
tomtcom

IP2M-853EW Firmware Not Available?

Post by tomtcom »

Hi All,

I was upgrading other cameras and checking if this camera had a new firmware. While it may not, how come in the Amcrest firmware page there is no longer a reference to IP2M-853EW? I checked discontinued devices and it is not there either.

It doesn't make sense why it doesn't appear even if there is no firmware. Anyone know?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-853EW Firmware Not Available?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If there was a FW update that failed I am going to guess that the Webmaster thought it would be easier to remove the line for the camera altogether rather then try and just remove the FW.. Also I have seen there are cameras listed with FW that was once sold you could get update FW however now the camera no longer is on any of the sites and some are on FW pages however some that was there are no longer there again i am going to guess may have been related to having a bad update once you go JS they don't want others FW downgraded in fear is may brick the cameras...

Welcome to the Forum by the way as well I see you joined in 2018 however this is showing as your first post...
Be Safe.
tomtcom

Post by tomtcom »

Thanks for the response. Consider me a lurker. Much like the Fitbit product I see the same issues are still here year after year haven't changed.

When could we get a patrol button in the amcrest view app? That shouldn't be tough.

Ip cam viewer on the app store is superior in nearly all ways. I thought this was a good ecosystem of cameras. Don't get me wrong I like the cameras but could use some serious updates and better security. I have managed to do the self signed certs so that's something at least.
ohnoitsthecameraguy

Post by ohnoitsthecameraguy »

I'm having a hard time connecting remotely. Google WiFi with wired connection. Anyone else having this issue?
Hotrod53

Post by Hotrod53 »

I know that this old, but be sure that when you configured your camera you did it as P2P using the camera serial number and not using the IP address. I beat my head off of this for a while, it sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. Some cameras showed, some didn't. Turns out that if you want remote connect, you need to configure at P2P. You don't need IP and P2P configured as one article lead me to believe. P2P will work both internally and externally. If you do use the IP configuration, it will work internal to your WIFI all day long without a problem, just not remotely.
tomtcom

Post by tomtcom »

Still no firmware, a support ticket said they were working on it. It's been months.
jwadsley

Post by jwadsley »

I was looking at getting this camera, but i there is no new firmware, and the camera can't use the newest browsers maybe I should go with a competitor....
jwadsley

Post by jwadsley »

Anyone know what level of firmware comes with this camera stock? Its still being sold on amazon, so if its a 2019 / 2020 firmware it should not need a plugin.....
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No it was out before 2020.. Also just to be clear. NEW from amcrest unless it was a Camera released in 2020 or 2019 after the JS fW it will come with standard FW 853 was built before 2019 so it has standard FW on it..
Be Safe.
tomtcom

Post by tomtcom »

So any idea then when the camera would be visible on the firmware page? You couldn't even download the stock firmware if you needed to.