Amcrest View iOS app not connecting on iOS 10 Beta

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Southtexas

Re: Amcrest View iOS app not connecting on iOS 10 Beta

Post by Southtexas »

Where did you find the update Bob?
aopisa

Post by aopisa »

Come on Amcrest. You should have been far out in front of this a long time ago. New iPhones and the final release of iOS 10 are out tomorrow and still we cannot access our cameras. Really thought you were better than this.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Southtexas ,

Yes the latest app released for Iphone is compatible with IOS 10.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

yrick

Post by yrick »

Melvin wrote:Hello Southtexas ,

And what about an update for the iPad??
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Maybe the app works correctly on iPhone but I have an iPad Pro 12.9 and P2P doesn't work on iOS 10.01 using the iPad app! The Camera I have is IP2M 841. And I might add that using the iPhone app on an iPad Pro makes the video jerky motion in SD and very, very, very, very slow in HD.
yrick

Post by yrick »

What about for the iPad?

When will the update come out?

I have not been able to view both of my cameras from my iPad for three days, now.
Southtexas

Post by Southtexas »

Thanks for reply Melvin, but I was referring to the IPad application. After upgrading to IOS 10 nothing works now. I agree with others who say that Amcrest really needs to stand up and get this rectified.
Brien

Post by Brien »

This is one of my beefs with Amcrest and other small companies that have apps. Many are not part of the iOS Apple Developers team because they're too cheap to pay for it. Instead, they wait until the new iOS comes out and THEN fix their app if it breaks, which can take months.

I'm glad I only updated my iPhone to the new iOS and not my iPad. I will follow this thread to make sure it works before I do.

Mel, what iPhone and iPad version is the current one you claim works?

I'm running iPhone 3.40.0048 (doesn't work) and iPad 3.31.0200 (works).
Southtexas

Post by Southtexas »

Melvin wrote:Hello Southtexas ,

Need to have the IPad app updated as it does not work. All my other apps were updated but not Amcrest. Amcrest needs to get this sorted out as soon as possible. Amazing they let it get to this point.
Brien

Post by Brien »

Unfortunately, due to the lack of assistance from Amcrest I figured out how to resolve the issue myself.

I deleted the app from my iPhone and restarted my phone. Upon restart I downloaded the Amcrest Viewer Pro again. I configured it again and it started working right away. Obviously, something happened to the app during the new iOS update that caused it to break.