Unable to connect to IP2M-841B with "Failed to connect"

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
TheFiddl3r

Re: Unable to connect to IP2M-841B with "Failed to connect"

Post by TheFiddl3r »

Same here! Amcrest Surveillance Pro works fine. iPhone 7p and iPad 9.7 Pro suddenly won't connect. This cannot be a coincidence or an iOS update as there hasn't been one lately--certainly not since my camera's last connected properly.
Hdhead

Post by Hdhead »

Same issues here. Worked in browser on computer but not with IOS or android apps. After a couple hours of frustration finally got the apps to work with hard wire and logging via IP instead of P2P. Still never got wireless to work. Lots of unfriendly bugs here.
TheFiddl3r

Post by TheFiddl3r »

UPDATE 12/12...working again.

Same here! Amcrest Surveillance Pro works fine. iPhone 7p and iPad 9.7 Pro suddenly won't connect. This cannot be a coincidence or an iOS update as there hasn't been one lately-certainly not since it last connected properly.
Last edited by TheFiddl3r on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
wally

Post by wally »

Same problem - here's how I fixed it .. Turn HTTPS OFF in NETWORK >CONNECTION in configuration settings via laptop web browser (use IP# in URL)
ross1154

Post by ross1154 »

I don't know if this will help any of you but it worked for me. I had the same issue, the camera worked fine on ipconfig and amcrestviewer.com but after the initial install would not work on the IOS app.

As you all mentioned I also tried everything including factory reset. The only way i could get the IOS app to work was to ensure that sub stream was enabled. In the Camera drop down menu navigate to video within the IPconfig software and ensure sub stream is ticked, click save and refreshed the app and all was good.

Hopefully this helps.
adamli

Post by adamli »

I found this discussion thread from 2016. But I am seeing the same thing now "Failed to connect" during office hours. Tried all 2016 suggested methods seemed no help. Amcrest tech support mentioned this is a known issue. I am waiting for their feedback. Guess this may caused by P2P provider bandwidth as night time seems ok. If the camera cannot serve the stable live watch function, may need to return the product just bought.

Anyone seeing the same issue recently? Any suggestion will be appreciated.
MidnightShadow

Post by MidnightShadow »

It's still an ongoing issue. Different discussion link posted below.
Having same/ similar problem with NVR2108E system. 3 cameras show failed to connect.
These 3 are connected directly on the NVR. Can reboot and re-add but after couple of hours
they fail to connect again. Reboot it works, never ending cycle continues. (shouldn't have to
continually reboot.) Using P2P Application Setting instead of PortForward.
These three have constant problems on the NVR2108E. The other 5 cameras are connected via a POE (af managed) switch and have no connectivity issues. Firmware has been updated on all 8 cameras and NVR to latest.
However if left alone for couple of day's they will re-appear for short while and then fail to connect. Since this is such a weird problem it's hard to pin-point. Although, you would think being direct connected to the NVR it would be more stable.
Camera Model : 7 : IP2M-844E
PTZ Camera Model : 1 : IP2M-850E

https://amcrest.com/forum/technical-dis ... t2930.html
ackilincs

Post by ackilincs »

I have the same problem, Its totally unstable on Android and not fit for purpose
us210251

Post by us210251 »

I recently purchased this camera and had similar problems to those documented. The solution for me turned out to be enabling the TCP port as well as the HTTP port in the uP2P configuration. The instructions clearly say to disable all but the HTTP port. This did make the camera accessible from a computer browser but NOT from any of my iOS devices. When I finally re-enabled the TCP port, all worked immediately.
freekurd

Post by freekurd »

Fwiw, the issue on our camera ended up being that our wifi was set up for mixed network mode: wireless a/g/n. I changed it to use b/g only and the software was able to finally communicate with the camera.
Login to your router admin webpage to see whether such network mode configuration is available to you.