Email test fails

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
riverupdude

Re: Email test fails

Post by riverupdude »

My 960H DVR eMails stopped working a couple years back with Gmail, so I changed the SMTP relay host to be SMTP.MAIL.YAHOO.COM , port 587, worked fine, but this last month, that has stopped working as well.

From my deskside/email client application, I see that it uses the same smtp server, but using port 465, which I have read shouldn't be used anymore as IANA has reassigned that port, but thunderbird email client is still working. Tried everything I know...I set it back to port 587, TLS/SSL is also checked in the EMAIL configuration/settings.

but my 960H eMail tests are still failing..... ANY help is appreciated !
riverupdude

Post by riverupdude »

This worked for me also (960h) ....Thanks folks !
jgindiana

Post by jgindiana »

Well, it has happened to me again. This morning sometime after 2:40am EST 10/31/21, my cameras stopped sending email alerts. I used the fix mentioned earlier in this discussion (see Feb 12, 2021) and everything has been working wonderfully since then. Does anyone know of a new development that would cause this issue again?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Only thing that comes to mind is cap limits with it being the end of the month maybe you reached your email servers day, week or monthly limit
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jgindiana

Post by jgindiana »

That was an excellent idea!!!! I was under the impression that Yahoo email was unlimited usage. Turns out it is only 1 terabyte! LOL. I haven't checked it for 3 years and probably exceeded one of the limits. After hours of figuring out how to do mass deletions in Yahoo email, it worked. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. I was away from the residence and thought I was going to be blind for the duration. Soooo relieved!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad you got it figured out.

Be Safe
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jgindiana

Post by jgindiana »

Had it happen again. This time I have found that if you have too many motion alerts going to yahoo mail to be forwarded on to Gmail, Yahoo will flag your account as a "Spam" sender and stop sending your email on to Gmail. I went to my Yahoo email and see all my motion alerts sitting in my Draft Folder and when I try to manually send them on to the Gmail account it gives me the error about being potential spam. I've disabled motion alerts from my offending camera (spider web constantly moving in front of camera). I'm now waiting 24 hours to see if it fixes itself, otherwise I'm reading I need to change the password on the Yahoo email and wait 24 hours. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Oakforest37

Post by Oakforest37 »

For me my fix was simply pressing the "save" button before pressing the "test" button. Pressing "test" before you save your entries is as if there was nothing in the text fields at all.
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

Google turned OFF "Less Secure Apps" at the end of May 2022.
daveBugs

Post by daveBugs »

I got a fix for the email test fails using gmail, that works for me on my 960h. 1st, I had to enable 2 factor authentication in my google account. 2nd, I had to create an App Password which you can find under SECURITY>"signing in to google" >App Passwords. I went thru the prompts and created a unique password for my box to login gmail. I put that password into amcrest box and saved and then the email succeeded. Hope this helps.