Email test fails

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
duc916

Re: Email test fails

Post by duc916 »

Like I said, mine works, just by allowing less secure apps, which I believe is separate from 1 vs 2-step verification.
Attachments
amcrest_gmail.jpg
amcrest_gmail.jpg (52.27 KiB) Viewed 6117 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@duc916 IT might be that they are using a FW that don't support Google Gmail anymore Sadly I have a Amcrest camera that is no longer supported and email fails on Gmail but I bought my own email server so I don't have to worry about that anymore... Funny thing is I don't even use email on that camera anymore with footage being sent to NVR, DVR, FTP and the MSD I think it is working enough... Plus so many bad events in email for me anyway so I keep it on 24/7 record on my NVR, Motion on my DVR and motion to FTP and MSD.. Plus it is a Backup to MSD when the network is lost because it is a Wifi camera that is to far from the hub. So I use my Outdoor Router to connect it to my Network but that don't work 100% of the time sadly I don't live in a perfect world..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
duc916

Post by duc916 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:29 pm sadly I don't live in a perfect world..
In a perfect world we wouldn't need these cameras. :)

Gmail is definitely not the best solution, but it works well enough for me to have something in the cloud, as opposed to something easily stolen at gunpoint.
nicholso67

Post by nicholso67 »

Using an IP2M-842W, Yahoo and Gmail and AOL mail fail.
Comcast (smtp.comcast.net SSL 465) still work for email sending in my setup.
sidamos

Post by sidamos »

Yahoo and Gmail are working for me (IP2M-841W-V3). You have to use app password for Yahoo and lower the security for Gmail, if I remember correctly.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ail-Alerts
jgindiana

Post by jgindiana »

I own 10 Amcrest Cameras that have been working wonderfully for over a year. February 8th they all stopped sending email alerts. I test each one and the emails fail. I am using Yahoo as the email sender and Gmail as the receiving email address. Has anyone else experienced a sudden similar issue? I've tested each email address and they can each send and receive emails. It is only in Amcrest that is failing when I send a test with each camera.
ek88

Post by ek88 »

Yes! Mine also stopped working on Feb 8, two cameras that sends emails, from Yahoo to Gmail.

I've been using Yahoo as the sender for about 2 years, originally switching over from Gmail as the sender because there was a gmail code change that prevented continued use of their server. Seems like people do have some success with gmail now. I tried going back to Gmail to Gmail, but no dice (turned on less secure apps as well).

Interesting that we both lost email function at the same time, using the same servers.

Next step is to try to create a new Yahoo account to see if it helps, but i have a feeling it may be a Yahoo server change.
ek88

Post by ek88 »

Found the solution! Yahoo has added an "App Password", which seems to be not just for mobile devices but seemingly other devices trying to login - eg. Amcrest. Log in to Yahoo from a computer browser - go to "Account Info" > Account Security - At the bottom select "Create an App Password". Select "Other" for device, name is whatever (Amcrest). Then replace your amcrest e-mail settings password with the app password that is generated.

One Caveat - looks like you'll need to generate a new password for each camera.
jgindiana

Post by jgindiana »

Thanks EK88, you are right, that is the solution to our problem. I was coming back here to relay what I found, but you beat me to it. I played around and found it yesterday morning too. However, I've only updated 4 of my cameras so far, but I've been able to use the same APP password for all four. It seems to be working with one password for these four cameras. I'll be updating the remaining cameras today and I'll come back here if I run into any problem with using one App password.
luvdogzz3

Post by luvdogzz3 »

ek88 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:17 pm Found the solution! Yahoo has added an "App Password", which seems to be not just for mobile devices but seemingly other devices trying to login - eg. Amcrest. Log in to Yahoo from a computer browser - go to "Account Info" > Account Security - At the bottom select "Create an App Password". Select "Other" for device, name is whatever (Amcrest). Then replace your amcrest e-mail settings password with the app password that is generated.

One Caveat - looks like you'll need to generate a new password for each camera.
Bless you, ek88! This worked for me!