Substeam (MJPEG) feed available for Amcrest Doorbell Camera?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
vegas50000

Substeam (MJPEG) feed available for Amcrest Doorbell Camera?

Post by vegas50000 »

Is a substeam (MJPEG) available for the Amcrest Doorbell Camera?

The RTSP high definition feed is available via

Code: Select all

rtsp://<IP address>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
But I'm not able to find a low def (MJPEG) stream. When I tried the URL below (used by another Amcrest camera) it caused the doorbell camera to freeze up. I had to remove it from the wall and manually cut the power to restore access as the factory reset button didn't work.

http://<IP address>/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=1&subtype=1
Anyone know what the substream URL is? Since the Amcrest Smart Home app has a low def option, it's leads me to believe one exists.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Substeam (MJPEG) feed available for Amcrest Doorbell Camera?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would tread very careful when it comes to the Smart Home Devices.. I have yet to find any JPEG feeds... But I am not saying there isn't one I just don't know of it... Also a lot of people have Bricked there Doorbell camera by trying to make changes to the camera outside the Smart Home App...THis is to the point that even the Reset button don't work and no way to get the camera to come back online...
Be Safe.
vegas50000

Post by vegas50000 »

Agreed, it's a dangerous game to poke around. After I attempted to access the substream URL mention in my OP, I hard to unwire to reboot – and then I could no longer access the video feed or calling function via the Amcrest Smart Home app. I can however still access it via the app to manage the device, such as firmware updates, so that's good enough for me.

The only feature I needed was capability with my NVR (Milestone XProtect) and the Amcrest Doorbell camera works well with that. I can also access the doorbell cam via my IP camera app and listen in. The microphone functionality doesn't work, but wasn't a requirement.

The reason I need the substream is I use a seperate NVR for monitoring my cameras locally on my 9-inch display. I don't need high def as it's a waste of bandwidth on such a small display. I know there's a low def substream somewhere, so I'll keep digging.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am not sure there is going to be one that is accessible. If we look at the Kb/S on the Main stream it is hardly ever over 1000 and I am thinking that the main stream is set to have a low bandwidth that they may have had to disable things to make it so... Sadly this is a guess but when all the other cameras that I have 2mp from Amcrest they want 4000+ to get a good feed My Doorbell camera stays between 600 to 1000 however it hardly ever makes the 1000 for long... Right now it is sitting at 647 Kb/S so my NVR says anyway...
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @vegas50000, the ad110 doorbell has a lower resolution rtsp stream.

rtsp://admin:<password>@<ip>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
ad110_stream1.PNG
ad110_stream1.PNG (14.71 KiB) Viewed 13946 times
vegas50000

Post by vegas50000 »

Thanks, unfortunately that URL doesn't work – only rtsp://<ip>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0 works when I try in VLC player or my NVR client. I will try a factory reset and reprovision the camera and report back.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@vegas50000, subtype=0 is for 1080p. subtype=1 is for 480p. i'm able to view both streams from the ad110 with the VLC player.
ad110_stream0.PNG
ad110_stream0.PNG (14.84 KiB) Viewed 13934 times
vegas50000

Post by vegas50000 »

The factory reset did the trick!

- The Amcrest Smart Home app is now working again for live viewing and two-way calls
- The high def RTSP feed is working in my offsite NVR (Milestone XProtect)
- The low def RTSP feed is working with my local NVR (ContaCam) and local 9" viewer
- Android IP camera app works with the high def feed and remote listening functionality

Now if only we could do something about the constant network connection the doorbell cam has to AWS on port 15301/tcp.
vmadao

Post by vmadao »

Still trying to get a confirmation on if I can use an MJPEG stream to access my Amcrest Doorbell? If so, whats the URL that will not brick the device.
DeaneG

Post by DeaneG »

If anyone is looking for AD110 doorbell camera substream access within Blue Iris, this works well.
BI parameters.png
BI parameters.png (41.25 KiB) Viewed 12827 times