Amcrest Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ckronengold

Re: Amcrest Doorbell

Post by ckronengold »

e1ioan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:53 pm
ckronengold wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:44 am ... replying to @ckronengold
IP Camera Viewer for Roku supports only mjpeg stream or jpeg sill images. If the doorbell camera doesn't provide mjpeg stream or snapshot images, then it won't work. RTSP in the application only works with jpeg encoded streams.

I saw in a earlier post that on this thread "/jpg/image.jpg" for still images. Try using that in the "Stream URL" in the application.

The only Amcrest camera I had for testing now it's off my network (look at my post history if you want to know why), but I might get a doorbell one just to test it with IP Camera Viewer for Roku.
Thanks for the reply. No worries on the PM. I have the same problem all the time. Some forums I just can't find the button.

I'll try using the jpg/imge.jpg in the stream URL. My biggest question was simply where to tell IP Camera Viewer to look for the RTSP://. Should I put "RTSP" in the IP address box?
ckronengold

Post by ckronengold »

So I did get it up and running. I'll need to check what the URL was.
I think my issue was mostly with the port. I had changed it to use an RTSP port, and changed it back to 80. The rest was pretty straightforward.

The video I get is a bit jerky. It will go for about 30 seconds fine, and then it will freeze, show a still for 15 seconds, and then pick back up. I'm going to try lowering the resolution and see if that helps.
simplyfyhouse

Post by simplyfyhouse »

I wonder Can Amcrest Doorbell record more than 30 sec? If yes, then how can I increase the Doorbell record time. I want to buy a doorbell with maximum recording time and which works more efficiently. I will be thankful if anyone can help with this.
TheUsualSuspect

Post by TheUsualSuspect »

I just installed the AMCREST AD110 yesterday and am playing with its interaction with Blue Iris. I have just read through every one of 18 pages in this thread, and my experience has been different than that described. I'm running 1.000.00AC004.0.R.200702 on the AD110 and Release 5.3.3.9 x64 (10/15/2020) on the Blue Iris server.

First, the Amcrest IPConfig tool is letting me change the camera functionality. I can change the BLC Mode, and it takes affect. Importantly, I can change the encoding as well. I have found that the camera just cannot handle a frame rate of more than about 7 consistently at 1080P right now. (I intend to shut off the power and see if I cannot see what my transformer is rated at, as this might be a problem; I know it is putting out about 18[Vac] from my multimeter).

Second, I am able to have Blue Iris image detection work and am not relying upon the Amcrest Smart Home app. I have motion detection disabled on the app (and for what is worth, I cleared the Motion Detection Zones too before disabling it). On the Blue Iris side, I have motion detection enabled, and right now I have the zone set up to mask off much of the video. Object detection is turned off. The highlights and rectangles are on, and it is working, and pushing alerts to my Blue Iris app.

Really this post is just a bread crumb for others doing their own due diligence prior to buying a doorbell. I would have rather had a POE, but I think I can make this work with my set up.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @TheUsualSuspect and welcome to the forum. my first ad110 was on the v1.000.00AC003.0.R.191113 firmware when i bricked it with the ipconfig tool. it's good to know you're able to use the ipconfig tool with v1.000.00AC004.0.R.200702 firmware but i would still advise caution because of the potential bricking. my ad110 is now on the v1.000.00AC006.0.R.200828 which has been rescinded about 4 day after its release. i remain reluctant to use the ipconfig tool because i had bricked a doorbell once. i just have to sit tight for now until amcrest releases the next firmware.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the Forum You might want to Tread Lightly on the Whole Changing things in anything outside the Smarthome app.. It is known fact that people have Bricked the Doorbell camera from making adjustment to Encoding and trying to change things in other things infact think one of them was using IP config.. Just keep that in mind while your messing around this was kind of a Stand Alone setup that happens to have some nice features like RTSP and ONVIF... Caution..

Edit: as I post I see there was another already post and First hand person to be if I remember right the first person to Brick the Camera as well
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I'm thinking that Amcrest was also tired of having to replace so many doorbells because their customers used standard Amcrest software to configure and - oops, kill them. I would have expected that fixing this behavior would be high on their priority list for subsequent firmware releases.

As you have seen from many posts, there has been a lot of successful config changes made via the CGI API. I am grateful to @TheUsualSuspect for mentioning that the IPConfig tool is working nicely to configure video settings. That's really good info. So it seems likely that Amcrest did fix at least one source of bricking, maybe more.

Now, if only Amcrest would be so kind and sensible to document what they fixed in each release, we wouldn't continue to stick to admonitions about problems that probably no longer exist.
TheUsualSuspect

Updates:

1. No matter what encoding I picked with IP config I was getting very laggy video. Pinging the camera shows that I get ok response times for about 20 seconds and then time outs for a few seconds the more OK response times when Blue Iris is receiving the video stream. When the doorbell is disabled in Blue Iris, pinging response times goes way down, and there are no more time outs. This tells me that the Wi-Fi connection is fine (I have an extender with a 1 GB backhaul about 15 feet away with only one wall between the devices), so I believe the issue to be that the processor is struggling, and perhaps may be underpowered. While my 1974 transformer does not have a rating marking on it, it is a Miami-Carey brand, and I believe it is 16[Vac] 10[VA]. I have ordered a 24[Vac] 40[VA] replacement transformer to see if that will help. The transformer will arrive tomorrow, BUT . . .

2. I just got notification of a new firmware release, V1.000.00AC006.0.R.20200828. The change comments say:

A. Fixed issue related to low voltage causing some features to not work correctly.

B. Improved the Motion Recording playback for SD Card and Cloud Users. For some users the recordings were capped at 12–15 seconds erroneously.

C. Push notifications for Motion Detection will now wait until there is 30 seconds between motion events before
sending another notification. This should reduce the amount of notifications some users are getting from one prolonged motion event.

Unfortunately, the update, including 2.A., does not help. Will update once I have installed the new transformer.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you ever want to use your Doorbell with a Doorbell for your home PLEASE DON'T USE A 24VAC Transformer...

I have already found out that 2 of mine and 5 others outside of my own Doorbell camera have all Fried the Chime Kit that needs to be installed even if the Manual Says it don't because that is old and bad Info...

I can tell you that I didn't know that the 24vac transformer trashed the Chime Kit until I was looking over some data doing some testing with a Volt and Amp Meter... While doing my Testing with a 24vac 30va transformer and yes that is really under what the Current that is said would be good for the camera.. I have 1) 16.5vac 39.6va transformer that I have powered both of my Doorbell cameras in all ways one could while testing with my Volt and amp meter and working with that Power supply was more then enough to power both cameras even in IR mode ...

However this issue isn't related to an under powered supply.. I also have a 100va 24vac transformer that was used when my first one (Again not knowing that it was killing my Chime Kit) but also killing a few of my Friends that had Transformer issues and that was my Go To Supply because it is a Powerful supply...

Please note that while I have repaired my Chime Kits and my Cameras are now able to work with indoor doorbell system again... Killing the Chime Kit there is no one I know of that is just selling the Kits on their own and buying the Chips from China one of the IC chips is 10usd just for 1 and the other was only a couple of dollars but this isn't something most people without the Right soldering station or knowledge of working on SMD/SMT components are going to want to do...

Please NOTE that while the Manual did and or maybe still does say that it can work with 16vac to 24vac I think it is mis-understood wording... Just like the Chime Kit isn't needed if using this as a Stand alone camera and sadly this is also false... While most of these doorbell Transformers are Robust and able to take some abuse not using a Chime Kit is a good way to kill it in little time...

However in my Last doorbell purchase there is no DOCS that people point out all the time from old DOCs that say Chime kit isn't needed if using doorbell camera as a stand alone.. There is nothing in the box about this and as SUCH there is nothing in the Manual for Chime kit or Doorbell camera that even talks about Volts and Amps... However they do sale a 18vac Transformer for the doorbell at 500ma and that is just crazy to think someone is going to buy that and try and work camera and doorbell inside house off it at some point lol while working for doorbell camera alone it would be fine both not enough amps...

*Mis-Understood wording!* So this is why I say that... There are things out there that people have a Range of Voltage that something can work at.. TO just say that your camera needs a 16vac transformer the problem is there are people out there that have some that will show 21vac even though it was a 16vac 10va system when powered on the voltage at the Transformer was showing 21vac... Same person doing test on another better made 16vac 30va transformer had starting voltage at 19.1vac... However in testing that Transformer 10va that 21vac dropped down to 13 or 14vac might have been less as it has been a while where the 30va transformer didn't drop below 16vac on Load...

There is a lot that comes into play when I talk about load as well..

However the good news is that when working with these doorbell cameras if you will never use or want to use your Camera with a House Bell system and will always use Stand alone then you will not even know the Chime box is damaged.. However using your Doorbell camera with a 24vac transformer and then going to a 16vac and a Doorbell your doorbell will just forever right from then on because the Chime Kit will not function how it was designed to.. Using a 24vac transformer may also over time damage the transformer because in my testing of the system when the Button was pressed the Voltage drops to 2.4vac and the current went above 10amps and wiring that goes to the doorbell isn't rated at that current ratings and the chime kit don't like the over current and under voltage event...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
TheUsualSuspect

@Revo2Maxx . . . good information. A am using the camera with an indoor mechanical chime with the chime kit. I'll return the 24[Vac] and get a 16[Vac] one.

Another note for everyone: with the new update, V1.000.00AC006.0.R.20200828, I now see the app removed the motion detection drawing ability. Now you only have three zones you can choose to be on or off and a range option.
Screenshot_20201022-132205.png
Screenshot_20201022-132205.png (128.13 KiB) Viewed 5960 times
Perhaps the app was updated at the same time? I don't think this functionality is on the camera, but maybe it is? This wasn't in the change log for this update.