Cannot Access Web Interface through Browser

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
apexm1911

Cannot Access Web Interface through Browser

Post by apexm1911 »

Just recently, I've become unable to access the web browser interface of my IP camera (model ip2m-841b).

The camera shows up on my router's list of attached devices, it is accessible through the app on my phone, it shows up in the Amcrest IP Config tool, but I cannot even access the login screen when I enter the IP address in my browser. The browser just times out like it's the wrong address. I've checked to make sure the address hasn't changed, so I'm certain I'm using the correct one.

I've tried to find any firewall settings that could be blocking it, but I'm really not sure if that's the issue. Anywhere I look online about problems with the web interface are usually talking about the applet not loading once you log in.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Access Web Interface through Browser

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum

Sorry to hear about your problems with your Camera. Can you provide what FW your using at this time? Is it the 2.250 or 2.240 2017 or 2.240 2019?

Also when was the last time you Restarted your camera, Router and computer. Are you using Wifi or Cable to connect to router?

However I also have one that as of yesterday I get a message that I have limited resources and not able to view the camera over IE, Chrome app or the ASP as of yesterday lol. However it is still working in my Phone app and is connected to my DVR with out issues. I did make some changes even though there was no picture because the DVR don't let me make presets I can go to them just not save them from my dvr... So I have to do that on the web view.

I did restart my camera, router and computer all. I was able to get it to come back online in IE 2 times but message is back today. I am going to guess it is NETWORK related for me. I moved lots of things around yesterday up till making them changes everything was working well.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
apexm1911

Post by apexm1911 »

I should also mention that I'm not able to log into the camera in the IP Config tool. I either get a message that just says the connection failed or "Note: The device and the PC are not in the same segment or the port is wrong." Not really sure how to address that.
Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:38 pmSorry to hear about your problems with your Camera. Can you provide what FW your using at this time? Is it the 2.250 or 2.240 2017 or 2.240 2019?

Sorry, I'm not really sure where to find my firmware version. When I go into the App > Help > About there is a version number listed, but it's 4.2.008. In the IP Config tool, there's a version number and it's 2.520.AC00.18.R. I'm not sure if these are what you're asking for though. Where can I find the firmware version?
Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:38 pmAlso when was the last time you Restarted your camera, Router and computer. Are you using Wifi or Cable to connect to router?
When I started having trouble, rebooting everything was the first thing I did. Unplugged the camera, the router, modem (and let them all sit for a few minutes), and restarted my PC. When everything came back online, none of the circumstances had changed.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok yes so your are on FW 2.520 from 2018. Sorry I am dyslexic and at times see numbers and things wrong or translate them wrong..

That is very strange that you can't get anything to find your camera.

So then there is another thing. maybe your able to access the camera over your Phone app because your connecting over P2P is my guess and the IP that you think is the right one isn't the right one..

So then there is something else that might be an issue. I have not logged into my Dome camera for a while. When I tired to access it little bit ago I got a message that I couldn't access the camera that the connection was refused and just a black screen with a refresh arrows. Then I remember I changed my Port Number on the camera. Added the ip with : and port number and it came up.

Did you maybe make a change in your system and forward your PORT? maybe try the address with the port # and see if that works... like mine would be 10.0.0.159:37779 without all that it don't connect. Your port if not changed should be 37777 however.

I know no one wants to do a factory Reset. But that is another option if can't get things up and working in a good time frame. On the back of the camera there is a LED that LED is also a Reset button. If you Reset your camera remember it will change the Camera back to default and would need to be setup again. This isn't an easy task for everyone. some need to have camera next to them. It is best to take note of your camera SN as that be needed to set it up. I have Reset mine in the last week a few times only once because of a problem I was having. Strange thing is Only 3 changes yesterday. network move around, camera moved around and I hooked up my iOS Iphone to it for the first time in long time for testing lol... So hummm my new issues could be even related to the iphone lol.... Works with it well, works on my S9 well and the DVR lol just Web UI being pain lol...
Be Safe
apexm1911

Post by apexm1911 »

No luck on adding the port number to the address. It hasn't changed by the looks of it, anyway. It still comes up as 37777 in the IP config tool (Although the tool can't connect to the camera, so who knows).

I'll look into it again to be sure my router isn't port forwarding, although I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Factory reset might be the way to go here, although I may have already tried that a week or so ago, I don't remember.

Thanks for the help, by the way.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so there is somethings maybe look into...

First something you said I am wondering if I am reading right " "Note: The device and the PC are not in the same segment or the port is wrong." Not really sure how to address that.""

So if what you mean that your Computer and your Camera IP are not in the same Network segment or you telling me that is what the Ip config software is saying?

SO Press the windows Key on your keyboard and Press R. A box will pop up type in cmd press enter.
A Box will open it is a Dos Box and will have a Command Prompt. In there type
ipconfig. In there it should give you some info about your Computers IP address.

Like mine says IPv4 10.0.0.109 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0, IPv4 10.0.1.120 Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
IPv4 192.168.1.109 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 and my Default Gateway of 10.0.0.1. That is because I use static addresses and have Multi setup so I can access my network on any of my routers IP without having to have them set a IP for me.

So yours might say 192.168.0.19 or something like that. Gateway would or could be something like 192.168.0.1. Then check that your IP address is the same segment as your camera at maybe 192.168.0.20. However if your camera was setup without changing the IP to meet your DHCP segment it might be that your Camera is 192.168.1.138 or something like that. While you are able to access it on your phone that might be again because your phone is using P2P... So if your Computer is on the different segment then you will need to change that. You can do that under your Cameras Configure page. What you would want to do while in your App and looking at your Live view...

Click on the Left 3 lines with dots in front of them, Then click on Configuration Center, then down at the bottom of that list is IP settings, Click on the camera if you have more then 1. Then it will come up and Say Network Type (wired or Wireless) and Mode. Here you will want to change the camera mode I am going to guess it is Static right now, change to Dynamic. Then in the top right is a Save icon that looks like a Diskette. Please note this will make the camera change IP from the Static setup ip to a IP that your Router will give it. Then check your Router, Most cases it will show your Ip and have a Name for your camera with something like AMC or AMD or something like that for the start of your cameras name in your router so you know what the ip is.

Then in your Browser if your using older FW use IE or Sea Monkey. If new FW then you will want to use Chrome.

Edit: Please post back what your Computer IP is and what your cameras Ip is
Be Safe
apexm1911

Post by apexm1911 »

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town most of the weekend and didn't have the time to tinker with it. Thanks, I'll definitely look into this stuff sometime today or tomorrow hopefully and let you know.
apexm1911

Post by apexm1911 »

Ok, I finally had time to confirm all my IP values, although I'm not seeing anything stick out that I haven't seen before. Before I had this problem, I could just go to my router's attached devices, pick the camera IP, stick it in the browser, and done. From what I can tell, nothing looks wrong, and everything is pretty much the way it always was, except being able to access the browser page. My camera's set to dynamic IP, so I'm aware that I'd have to use a different address to log in, but like I said before, I'm dead in the water now. Here's my IP info:

IPv4 Address -- 192.168.1.11
Subnet Mask -- 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway -- 192.168.1.1

Camera IP (from router's attached devices page) -- 192.168.1.7

Also, figured I'd include this screenshot from the IP Config tool:
Annotation 2019-10-31 140240.png
Annotation 2019-10-31 140240.png (14.16 KiB) Viewed 12454 times
Am I understanding correctly that the 192.168.1.1 number is the ip segment you're referring to? Why would it be telling me they're different? And if that's not the problem, how would I figure out which port it's actually trying to use?
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Can you clarify what device it is at 192.168.1.11

When things get in a muddle, my recent experience is that a full factory reset resolves almost all problems.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Things to check.

1 an for me first thing. Change out the Cat cable for a known working cable
2 make sure both camera and Router are on same Subnet Mask
3 make sure that the TCP port for the camera hasn't changed from the 37777 as that is the PORT
4 make sure that the device is connected to the router or switch without a Bridge or AP

SO to understand better? The 192.168.1.11 is your computer IP? that your trying to access the Camera from? Then the Ip for camera 1.7 So with all and all as you said it looks like it should be right. As long as there isn't something between that might be causing a road block, Firewall. Port, or Access Point?

Edit. Might always want to Reboot your Router to be safe. If it isn't something you normally reboot that can solve issues from time to time as well as what I seen longedge typed while I was typing ':)
Be Safe