How do I download video clips from camera?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Marty528

How do I download video clips from camera?

Post by Marty528 »

HI,

I have a new IP8M-2496ew and it is setup and working correctly. I have it recording motion detection clips to sd card and I'd like to be able to download them to my computer.

When I log into camera/goto playback mode - I can play the clips. I select show files and see them. Hit the download arrow for a particular clip and nothing happens.... Checked the manual but it's a tad light on details.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thx,
marty
geronimo

Re: How do I download video clips from camera?

Post by geronimo »

Are you sure that it didn't save them in the "Camera", "Video", "Path"?
Marty528

Post by Marty528 »

geronimo wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:39 pm Are you sure that it didn't save them in the "Camera", "Video", "Path"?
I use a mac and they don't appear in download, pictures, movies or anywhere else (searched all). They are not downloading. I've tried safari, chrome firefox and booted up a PC and tried same without luck.

thx
marty
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm assuming that you have got your camera setup to record to the onboard MSD card.

I normally access my cameras via the WebUI and clicking on "Playback" displays the dates on which I have got recordings available (highlighted in green), a drop down box to select either mp4 or jpg files and the source i.e, SD card
sshot1.jpg
sshot1.jpg (30.78 KiB) Viewed 7522 times
Clicking on the file list button displays the files available for that date like so -
sshot2.jpg
sshot2.jpg (39.65 KiB) Viewed 7522 times
At the side of each file is a download button (arrow). For me, when I click that the mp4 video downloads to my NAS.

My setup may be slightly different to what most people use in that I record snapshots to my NAS and video to the SD cards. One thing I'm not sure of - I don't think that I have ever specified the download path, unless I did so the first time I tried it and it 'stuck' but the videos are saved to the folder on my NAS where the snapshots are saved.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

I don't have the same camera, so it may be different. However, you can go into setup and decide for yourself where to store the files. Here it is:
amcrest.JPG
amcrest.JPG (61.08 KiB) Viewed 7510 times
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Yes that's the one, the playback download option sets the path and then when in playback you click the download button as I mentioned.
Marty528

Post by Marty528 »

geronimo wrote: I don't have the same camera, so it may be different. However, you can go into setup and decide for yourself where to store the files. Here it is:
amcrest.JPG
THANK YOU!

I did set this all to my downloads folder and still it downloads nothing. I'll try on a pc and see if different.

marty
Marty528

Post by Marty528 »

OK, update... Apparently the downarrow next to each clip is not a download button? I found the select in / out button below the file list and selected in and out and then the download APPEARED to work BUT after selecting a clip that should have been about 1gb it downloaded a file of MP$ of only 164 bites which of course would not play. Did this a few times of different lenghts and get new files but all the same size of 164 bites.

I feel I'm getting closer but still not there yet.

Thank you for any help.
marty
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I'm not quite sure what is going wrong for you. When viewing the list of files, if you hover over the download button you should see that the start/end time fields are automatically populated for that file. The file size is also shown. Click the button and you should then see a download progress in % as the file is saved to the folder that is specified in the camera settings.

If that isn't what you are seeing, then I'm not sure what else to suggest.
Marty528

Post by Marty528 »

version.jpg
version.jpg (31.74 KiB) Viewed 7490 times
OK, this is interesting... So booted up a PC and tried to download some clips. I could watch progress bar proceed and it should have downloaded a 500mb or so clip. The clip it downloaded to PC was also 164 bites as were the others on the PC. So mac or PC have the same results.

Attaching pix of software of camera.

Also, discovered something unexpected. When I login on original admin account I can access camera setting. I created another administrator with all rights and when I log in using those creditians I can not access camera settings (everything else in accessible). Weird//
thx
marty