IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ScottW1

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by ScottW1 »

I just found this forum and registered to share my experience with the new firmware.

I upgraded (1) of my (8) IP3M-941's to the new firmware. Ran into some minor problems with PTZ, and after trying some workarounds decided to "downgrade" back to old firmware (I had a copy on my PC). The downloaded files don't say anything about not being able to downgrade, and I hadn't been on the forum to see the warning at top of this thread.

The "downgrade" appeared to go just fine, but the camera didn't reboot. Solid red light on back. Powered off, back on, solid red light -- no movement, no network connection. Held button 30 seconds - nothing. Held button while powering on, got a few flashes of the red light, but nothing further. Tried multiple power cycles and hard resets, no response -- just a solid red light. CAMERA IS DEAD.

I RECOMMEND HEEDING THE WARNING IN POST #1 OF THIS THREAD, AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DOWNGRADE THE FIRMWARE. The camera I tried that on is now in the TRASH. :-(

As to the rest of my experience with the new firmware....

#1. The old firmware positioned the camera to preset #1 after reboot or power cycle. The new firmware seems to position the camera to the "last position set using PTZ jog controls" -- even if a preset was chosen after that. Would like to see the old behavior restored in a future version, i.e., go to preset #1 on reboot or power cycle. (There is a workaround for this in BlueIris, using the "Watchdog" function to select preset#1 on signal restoration.)

#2. I had terrible PTZ delay, overshoots, and some trouble setting presets when using EDGE browser. Switched to CHROME and had none of those problems. Using Chrome, I was able to set/delete presets reliably, they were retained after reboot, video and PTZ were very responsive.

#3. PTZ presets and jogging initially did not function at all from BlueIris. Changing the BlueIris setting for PTZ type from "Amcrest" to "Amcrest/Dahua" resolved that. Using the new setting, PTZ jogging and presets worked perfectly from BlueIris and were just as responsive as with old firmware.

#4. Really like the UI being native in browser (javascript)! Will be glad to ditch the plugin!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@ScottW1 Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and things about the firmware with others. Future I take all Trash Cameras lol JK.... To bad I wasn't in the can when you tossed it. I like to take things apart
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

ScottW1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:20 pm

The "downgrade" appeared to go just fine, but the camera didn't reboot. Solid red light on back. Powered off, back on, solid red light -- no movement, no network connection. Held button 30 seconds - nothing. Held button while powering on, got a few flashes of the red light, but nothing further. Tried multiple power cycles and hard resets, no response -- just a solid red light. CAMERA IS DEAD.

I RECOMMEND HEEDING THE WARNING IN POST #1 OF THIS THREAD, AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DOWNGRADE THE FIRMWARE. The camera I tried that on is now in the TRASH. :-(
Thanks
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

James.S wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:48 am @[email protected]

We do not have any updates, We are focusing at this time on updating other models to the JS platform so other customers can regain access on Mac and also resolve some security issues. The engineering team knows of the issue and it is in the plans to optimize the FW once other major devices are updated.
Thanks, i do have a IP4M-1055E so would be great to know when JS will be available so i can unload the Chrome plugins workaround

Also - have another issue to report. Since i upgraded to the new F/w (JS Platform), the log shows that the NVR logging on and off on the camera every 1 sec. The camera sometimes is getting overwhelmed and crashes. I have a DAHUA NVR. Note that with the old firmware, i was able to setup the camera in the NVR 2 ways: 1) ONVIF via RTSP 554 & HTTP 80 and 2) Private via TCP 37777. with the new JS f/w, i can only use ONVIF. if i try Private , the NVR will not authenticate so seems that TCP 37777 has been disabled?

Note sure if anyone else has seen the multiple login / logout in the camera log...?...
zante

Post by zante »

Hello, I have the latest firmware installed on my Amcrest IP2M-841b Amcrest_IPC-AWXX_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.420.AC00.18.R.20190803 Now my Chrome browser takes much longer to display the image.

The second major problem is that there is no timeline in the playback. Is the latest software not suitable for the 841 b?
Screenshot: https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-14307 ... 2.jpg.html

Can I go back to the old software?
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

@zante Hello and welcome to the forum. I held back from installing the update on my IP2M-841B camera because, as you can see it isn't listed in the models for which the firmware was released. I don't know what the exact differences are between the IP2M-841B and IP2M-841E apart from the latter is a PoE camera but since you've already done the update, the clear warnings about not going back to the old firmware are what matters.

It's very clear from the first post in this thread that re-installing older firmware can break the camera so it's at your own risk as far as I can see :) .
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
zante

Post by zante »

@longedge, thank you for your answer!! I have found this new firmware on the download page Amcrest and here is the FW that is suitable for the IP2M-841b - I've never had a problem with upgrading a new Fw just now. Makes me unhappy I still wanted to buy several cams from Amcrest, of course not now because of this experience.
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-196d1 ... 4.jpg.html
jake4347

Post by jake4347 »

Any news on fixing the firmware for IPM-723? It's been 6 months now and still no firmware to fix a manufacturing issue. Is Amcrest just waiting until this model becomes outdated so it's not supported?
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

@jake4347 I doubt that there's any likelihood of firmware fixing manufacturing defects. Hardware problems are best dealt with by contacting Amcrest Support.

Most of the problems we suffer from, I believe, are a direct result of all the criminal activity on the internet and the constant battle/changes to keep systems secure. A smaller number of problems are self-inflicted, for example I've finally resolved several recently by following the firmware update instructions and doing a factory reset after update rather then trying to get away without one, entirely down to me :roll: .

To a lesser extent we all constantly want new 'bells and whistles' and the changes that are made have all sorts of unexpected side effects. For myself, I would be very happy to still be using Windows/Office 95 :)
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
cdavejump

Post by cdavejump »

Any word on the firmware release correction?