HELP: Set up QCAM with Synology Surveillance Station - NOT WORKING

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Guma

HELP: Set up QCAM with Synology Surveillance Station - NOT WORKING

Post by Guma »

So having an ongoing fight with my 2 QCAM cameras -

I've used the URL: RTSP://admin:<password>@192.168.88.28:554/h264Preview_01_main and it used to work 3 years ago but after Synology did something it broke but I can't fathom you haven't figured out how to maybe get this working Amcrest else 1000s of potential cams would be tossed.

This URL works just fine in VLC player.

Hoping you have a firmware update or a fix or ???

My model from the software viewer: GM813X16M_IPC, cfg ver v2.0.0.0, Fw Ver:3407_1507300
mromamcrest

Re: HELP: Set up QCAM with Synology Surveillance Station - NOT WORKING

Post by mromamcrest »

Guma,

I am sorry to hear about the issues. Unfortunately, this does seem to be a Synology issue more than Amcrest. Synology will usually reach out to us with integration requests based on the requests the receive from customers. the process mentioned is generally the process taken on all third party integrations with our cameras. James S. actually is the agent that assists the 3rd party teams to gain access for their integrations. My best advice would be to reach out to Synology and request to have them check the integration at https://www.synology.com/en-us/surveillance. The two teams would get together at that point. We will also inform Synology from our end as well about the concern.

Qcam brand in itself has been a discontinued Amcrest line for quite sometime and in terms of updates will be extremely limited.

For any additional assistance, please reach out to [email protected].

I apologize for any inconvenience.