Getting IP Address from Amcrest View

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
adamtki

Getting IP Address from Amcrest View

Post by adamtki »

How can i get the IP Address of a camera from Amcrest View mobile app? I expect it to be under Device Manager somewhere but I don't see it. Surely, it can't be that hard to add this feature. Right now, I have to go to my laptop and fire up IP Config and try to guess which camera is which ip address from the list.
James.S

Re: Getting IP Address from Amcrest View

Post by James.S »

adamtki wrote:How can i get the IP Address of a camera from Amcrest View mobile app? I expect it to be under Device Manager somewhere but I don't see it. Surely, it can't be that hard to add this feature. Right now, I have to go to my laptop and fire up IP Config and try to guess which camera is which ip address from the list.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to find the IP address of the device inside of the app unless you enter it in the app already.

However, the app does give you the SN of the device where you can match up the last 4 digits to the cameras in the Ipconfig list on your computer to find what camera you are searching for.

I will go ahead and mention to our R&D team for future consideration to include this information in the app.
t84a

Post by t84a »

Simply download the app Fing to your smartphone.
t84a

Post by t84a »

There are 3rd party apps for your phone or IP scanner downloads for your PC to find all the IPs on the network you're connected to.