Constant Red Light

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
gembob

Constant Red Light

Post by gembob »

I recently started having issues viewing my one camera, so took it down to inspect, and seems like no matter what I do the indicator light remains red. I've tried a hard reset, which does nothing, I've unplugged and plugged back in, I've connected to ethernet, I've tried to set up again wirelessly. When I go to my router dashboard it can see that something is connected, but says it receives no data (packets) from the device. Are there any other things I can try? I can't seem to do anything through the desktop program as it doesn't see the camera as being online ever....
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Constant Red Light

Post by Melvin »

Hi gembob,

Hard wire to router try different port and different Ethernet cable hard reset it, try pinging from the network.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

gembob

Re: Constant Red Light

Post by gembob »

I tried those options with no luck. Hard resetting does nothing, and I'm unable to ping the camera, it's timing out an no response.