IP4M-1051B encoding question

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Snakeam

IP4M-1051B encoding question

Post by Snakeam »

Dears,

I have purchased your IP4M-1051B and have some questions related to the main stream encode as well a few other questions in mind, Appreciate if any can help me out:-

1- Camera Video encode H.264H:-
Currently I am using the following attached settings for encode. Is there any possibility of increasing the picture quality further? As I noticed some pixelation while replaying the videos in Amcrest Surveillance Pro. I tried exporting the files to my PC and the pixelation still there. I was wondering that if that is the best the camera can do?.

2- Camera Video encode H.265:-
I have tried using the H.265 for the encode, However, When exported as .MP4, AVI, ASF via the Amcrest Surveillance Pro, there is no picture, I tried exporting as Original footage in .dav and converting it via the Amcrest Smart Play. There is no picture. only sound. I have downloaded multiple video codecs for H.265.. It just wont work. My PCs are powerful enough with Geforce GTX's (980 & 1080 Ti) Running Windows 10 Pro x64.

Appreciate your help

Thanks
Attachments
Encode_IP4M-1051.JPG
Encode_IP4M-1051.JPG (66.24 KiB) Viewed 984 times
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: IP4M-1051B encoding question

Post by Melvin »

Hi Snakeam,

Which recording option are you using SD card or PC-NVR? , If SD card have you tried downloading from web access instead of surveillance pro.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Snakeam

Post by Snakeam »

Melvin wrote:Hi Snakeam,

Which recording option are you using SD card or PC-NVR? , If SD card have you tried downloading from web access instead of surveillance pro.
Hello,

I am using a 64 SD Sandisk Card, I tried downloading the events via the web access (attached) the blue highlighted circle doesnt work, No matter how many times I clicked. Only the red circle works and that works only after I specify when to start and when to end during event playback.

It may be worth noting that I am connecting the camera via Wifi, maybe that reduces the video quality? am using 5GHz wireless router (Asus) network.
Edit:- I switched to Wired connection and the video quality is exactly the same. Funny thing is, I changed the resolution from 2688x1520 to 1080p and it is exactly the same quality. resolution decrease and/or increase didn't affect anything?

I like the camera very much, but the video quality is really disappointing. I hope there is a way to resolve this via changes in the settings.

If I want a superior video quality (Play back & stream) which camera do you recommend?
Attachments
Web Access Event Download
Web Access Event Download
Webdowload_IP4M-1051.JPG (65.16 KiB) Viewed 963 times
martin777

Post by martin777 »

Take a snapshot of the live video.
Jpeg image ok?
Have you tried the Google Chrome add-on "Amcrest Web View" app?
I HIGHLY recommend it.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... h?hl=en-US
LIVE video OK with that?
IP2M-842E,848E,853E,858W (all PoE), 3-841W's WiFi
Z-Man

Post by Z-Man »

I have 3 suggestions:
1. For whatever reason, I haven't had much luck with H265 either. I started using H264, things were fine. I thought I'd save some disk space and go to H265. Everytime I exported a footage, I would get 0-byte files. So I reverted back to H264 and all is fine again.

2. Relatively low bit-rate. I think 4096 is low for ultra high definition video. Check out this thread, https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 141#p24141. I put a link to a recommended bit-rate chart for H264. The chart was published by Hikvision, but the cameras are similar enough.

3. At 20fps, while it's not too bad, but if you're trying to capture something that's moving fast, the picture maybe blurry and pixelated.