Push Notifications stopped working on IPhone

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Jimbo1972

Push Notifications stopped working on IPhone

Post by Jimbo1972 »

Hello!
I have a bunch of Amcrest cameras at different sites.
All of a sudden, the push notifications stopped working on my IPhone. No changes have been done to my IOS
I reloaded the cameras, turned off/on the push, logged in via the laptop and checked all setting and rebooted and it’s still not working.
Any idea why this would all of a sudden happen? They have been working flawless for over a year.
Thanks for the help.
Ahuang425

Re: Push Notifications stopped working on IPhone

Post by Ahuang425 »

I’m having the exact same issue. I lost push notifications on Thursday night, 1/3. I deleted the app, rebooted the cameras, checked web UI—nothing has worked. This is driving me nuts! I’m getting email alerts, just not push notifications.
Jimbo1972

Post by Jimbo1972 »

That’s the exact time mine stopped working, Thursday night.
PR64

Post by PR64 »

I am also having this issue but my last push notification was Wednesday at 8:20 pm. I have tried everything I can think of to get this working again with no success. I know apple has released an update to 12.1.2 recently and there are two versions of this update. I'm beginning to think this may be the issue.
mrkegs

Post by mrkegs »

Yep. Same here. WHAT GIVES. Amcrest, please listen to your customers. We put up with a generally shitty and glitchy app, least you can do is be mindful of, and fix widespread issues like this.
Jimbo1972

Post by Jimbo1972 »

It’s back! It was not the iOS update.
Not sure what it was. I went into the app, under push notifications and I checked all the notifications (cam masking, hdd alarm, motion detecting etc). All of a sudden, it started working. Very random. The APP needs work! Lots of work.
maxfox

Post by maxfox »

Same, stopped to work on December 27th
kaervak

Post by kaervak »

I'm another one where push notifications straight up stopped working. I'm unsure of exactly when, possibly Tuesday/Wednesday. The cameras and app haven't had any changes made by me, push notifications just stopped. Motion triggers are still recording in the cameras though. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my iphone and it made no difference. Since our issue seems to have occurred at a similar time frame, it may be a calendar bug in the app itself causing the issue
kaervak

Post by kaervak »

Push notifications are now working again. Last night I disabled and then reenabled push notifications in the app on my iphone and they started working again. No changes made to the cameras at all. I still think it's related to a calendar issue in iOS causing notifications to fail. Regardless, they're working again, I'm not going to complain.
bryanovereem

Post by bryanovereem »

Also the same problem with 3 cameras.
The last message was around January 7.
The weird thing is that when I go into the camera on my Mac, when in live view I do see the symbol in the upper left corner showing that the camera saw motion. Also motion is recorded on the SDcard. But I’m not getting push notifications nor the emails.
Please solve this Amcrest!!!! I have security cameras which are just dummy cameras now.