TV Interference

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
javelin

TV Interference

Post by javelin »

Hi all.

Bought 2 ProHD IP2M-841B and noticed that when the unit is powered on, it interferes with our TV reception.

I have the Winegard Ultra-Thin Window antenna. It seems to affect only Channel 9s; eg, 9-1, 9-2, etc, but any
other channel is OK.

I know it's causing an interference because when I remove the power off the unit, all Channel 9s comes up OK.

Any way to fix this interference issue?

Thanks,
jav
talentwise

Re: TV Interference

Post by talentwise »

I am having the same issue as described. I lose channels 9-1 and 9-2 when any of my Amcrest cameras are turned on. I have multiple camera models: IP2M-841B, IP2M-841E, IP3M-941W, IP4M-1051.
Here is what I have discovered:
When the Amcrest camera is plugged into Ethernet, and within about 20 feet of my OTA HD antenna mounted on the roof, I lose channels 9-1 and 9-2. If the camera is plugged into just power and uses WiFi, those two channels seem to work just fine. The two channels will immediately immediately fail when I plugin the Ethernet cable, and will immediately restore if I simply unplug the Ethernet cable from the camera. I don't even have to unplug the power wire from the camera, just the Ethernet wire.
The sweet spot seems to be about 20 feet from the antenna. Any closer than 15 feet and those two channels are completely gone. Between 15-20 feet, those two channels are very blotchy with artifacts. Beyond 20 feet, the two channels seem to work normally.
I also have two older Foscam cameras (9831P) and they do not cause any interference with the TV channels, at least not 9-1 and 9-2. If they are causing interference with the TV, I'm not aware of it.
james_s

Re: TV Interference

Post by james_s »

While I don't watch live TV I have had a garage door opener remote that was jammed by an older IP camera. In my case it turned out to be not the camera itself but the cheap AC adapter that powered it. I ended up replacing it with an old style iron transformer type (the old heavy bulky wall warts) which are electrically much quieter. You could also try putting a ferrite interference suppression core around the cord near the plug.