Terrible audio after new firmware.....

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
PaulHaynes

Terrible audio after new firmware.....

Post by PaulHaynes »

Updated my PROHD to latest firmware 2.420.AC00.15.R, build : 2016-09-08 and the audio on both live and recorded feeds is now awful.

The audio is very tinny and compressed sounding, nothing like it used to be which was good.
I have messed about with the encode modes and it makes no difference at all. No improvement

I now have a camera with useless audio, very disappointed.

I have hard reset the camera and reinstalled the firmware hoping the issue would resolve without any success.
Hoping for a reply and swift fix from Amcrest.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Terrible audio after new firmware.....

Post by Melvin »

Hello PaulHaynes,

Can you try adjusting the MIC volume under settings and see if it helps? We have not had any such issues in the tests we have done so it seems to be specific to your camera.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Oldtechy

Post by Oldtechy »

Melvin wrote:Hello PaulHaynes,
Can you try adjusting the MIC volume under settings and see if it helps?
We have not had any such issues in the tests we have done
so it seems to be specific to your camera.
What a lame, dismissive response. shame.

Yeah, this F/W botched a lot of this CAM's features ...
Unfortunately, the AMC-clerks responding here have NO clue.

btw: initially I got NO audio after installing this suspect f/w
got audio to play-live with "audio config - REFRESH ....
but MP4 never would playback audio until ...
.. I changed encode to AAC ... {I have not judged quality, yet}
Mark

Post by Mark »

PaulHaynes wrote:Updated my PROHD to latest firmware 2.420.AC00.15.R, build : 2016-09-08 and the audio on both live and recorded feeds is now awful.

The audio is very tinny and compressed sounding, nothing like it used to be which was good.
I have messed about with the encode modes and it makes no difference at all. No improvement

I now have a camera with useless audio, very disappointed.

I have noticed the exact same thing ! After firmware update the audio is TERRIBLE ! Highly compressed and distorted. Honestly I don't know what these people test when they check out new firmware...
bigtree

Post by bigtree »

Same thing here. Is there a fix?
bigtree

Post by bigtree »

I have 4 cameras that I updated and all of them are doing this after the recent update.
I have 2 cameras that I haven't updated and they are working fine on android app pro. I'm not going to update them. I've noticed when using pan and tilt you can actually here normal for a few seconds. As soon as you stop using pan and tilt the audio goes weird again. What to do? Will there be a fix? Please help!
pmurthy

Post by pmurthy »

Try disabling the noise filter. Also, ensure it's not a network latency issue by looking at the substream.
bigtree

Post by bigtree »

Ok thanks for the tip I will give a try and let you know....
apayrot

Post by apayrot »

I can confirm that disabling the Noise Filter setting fixed my audio issues on our iPads. Mine sounded garbled or like it was cutting out before and it drove me nuts (I actually reinstalled the older firmware). Found this suggestion and figured I'd give the new firmware another try, and it worked.