Amcrest 12V 2A power adapter

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
mupimohan

Amcrest 12V 2A power adapter

Post by mupimohan »

I have been looking for this 12V power supply. But this has been out of stock for several months.
Has this been discontinued? If that is the case it is better to remove the item from the web site instead of showing it as out of stock.

I am hesitant to buy a generic 12V 2A power adapter as that could void the warranty of the camera

https://amcrest.com/amcrest-us-standard ... white.html
mupimohan

Re: Amcrest 12V 2A power adapter

Post by mupimohan »

Any update on this?

I have called Amcrest Sales and they dont know either.

If this power adapter has been discontinued, it is better to take it out of the web site so that people who need a replacement can buy a generic model instead of waiting for this one for several months.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I thought I already posted to your First Question... While I don't work at Amcrest my thoughts are just mine. I have been with CCTV for many many years. When I got my first camera with a POWER supply I was like wow this is something new.. Before none of my cameras besides some very Spendy ones that required Special Power. So we bought PSU unit to fit our needs. For me I have some 24vac cameras so I have 3 units for my cameras. 1 16ch 8amp 12vdc PSU 1 16ch 8amp 24vac and 1 8ch 8amp 12vdc. 2 of them are in my DVR server room and one is in my Garage. These are big hang on the wall and look like Security system control box on the outside. Most of them come with Key access. All the ones I have ever seen come with Screw Terminals that are fused, Then unlike today you would figure out what the distance to the camera type of cable used and choose the best camera for the distance from power. 24vac has less power drop over distance then a 12vdc power.

Anyway sorry off topic. Here is alink to the Amcrest PSU on ebay it comes with the 4 camera connector

www.ebay.com/itm/Amcrest-4-Camera-12V-P ... Swhnlb5FHz
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

The power supply adapter I am looking for is 12V 2A. Not 12V 1.5A.

That 4 camera power supply adapter will not work with many non-POE bullet cameras as those cameras need 12V 2A.

I could get a POE splitter and use it with my non-POE camera. But I prefer the 12V 2A power supply adapter over the POE splitter. I am hesitant to buy one of those generic adapters as they could burn down the house. I want to stick with the manufacturer's original power adapter instead of some after-market power adapter.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks for the Heads up. While I understand you were asking about the 2a power adapter, I wasn't aware of what you were trying to power as that wasn't in your question. While I said I don't work for Amcrest and without full info what someone is working with one can only make guesses. Just trying to be helpful

Sadly looking at all my Amcrest PSU only one of them Say Amcrest on it and that is the one that was bought with my no longer supported 1.3mp 751B camera. It is also a 2amp 12v supply.

I am using different PSU for my 7204 and the cameras are also on the 8 port unit in the garage, So looking at the ones that came with it, also took a picture you can see they don't say Amcrest on them either. Both were new when the unit was bought some 2 or 3 years ago. Maybe look for the Part number if you want a replacement one of them. One for cameras is SOYO24A-1200200US. The one for the DVR is also a 2amp and that one is FJ-SW1202000U. One says 12v 2amp the other one says 12v 2000mA and 2000mA is the same as 2amps..

Did a Search on Ebay for the Fj one and when looking at the listing it also shows the Soyo one as related products.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AC-DC-Adap ... 3538332526
PSUPicAmcrest.jpg
PSUPicAmcrest.jpg (387.46 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

All I want to know is if this item has been discontinued by Amcrest. If not when will it be available.

This is the power adapter used on many non-POE bullet cameras. So Amcrest may not have discontinued this item. Just that they may not be offering this as a separate item and that is what I want to know.

Lets hear from Amcrest.