wifi problems in IP4M-1026B

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
agrinberg

wifi problems in IP4M-1026B

Post by agrinberg »

Hi,

I've 2 cameras IP4M-1026B connected to my Deco M5 wifi mesh network.
my problems with both camera is that on the wifi section in the camera setup they see two of my network SSID with the same name and not one like all other devices see (phone,laptops ,etc..), the second problem is that both camera connect to the far wifi AP and not to the closer AP that have 90% signal, they connect to the 15% signal.
why the camera see 2 network SSID with the same name and why i can't force the camera to connect to the closer AP with the high signal?

THX
jack7

Re: wifi problems in IP4M-1026B

Post by jack7 »

Question: "why i can't force the camera to connect to the closer AP with the high signal?"
Your camera probably does not do roaming. See
https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1860.html

If you don't find a solution for the 15/90% problem, you could try using Tp-Link powerline adapters between the cameras and the router Deco, without using WIFI at all. One 2 port powerline adapter if the cameras are close enough together, or two 1 port powerline adadpter kits with an Tp-Link ethernet switch at the router.
brannly

Re: wifi problems in IP4M-1026B

Post by brannly »

Hi, agrinberg.
Did you solve the problems of your camera ?
I have the same problem as you.