Unable to connect to IP2M-841B with "Failed to connect"

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bapples

Re: Unable to connect to IP2M-841B with "Failed to connect"

Post by bapples »

Old thread but having same issue. Was working fine then iOS notifications stopped coming in and I can't view the camera from the Amcrest pro app anymore. Reset camera, deleted and re-added camera in the app, deleted app and reinstalled. I can view the camera feed from other apps and from cloud, and from web browser on a desktop, but not from the app. Awful.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello bapples ,

Did you hard reset the camera by pressing and holding the green light on the back of the camera? If that is not resolving the issue, please give us a call on 1-888-212-7538
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

kgigs6

Post by kgigs6 »

These steps worked for me for my Amcrest WiFi Camera Model # IPM-721S

After the wireless setup failed in the app multiple times I fiddled around and figured it out. Only thing I'm not able to test is if my camera is connected to the wireless network and is >50ft from the router (since my house is small).

1. Connect the camera directly to the router

2. access camera settings by typing 192.168.1.215 into chrome (this is the WIRED IP address)

3. type in username and password (should be admin for both), then it'll prompt you to change the password

4. In the top right corner click setup

5. On the left side of the screen click network

6. In the menu that drops down click wireless

6.Connect to your WiFi network
(click on it, enter the password and then click connect)
(It'll take a moment (1-2 minutes) but then you'll see it change to "connected" under "WiFi Network Information" next to the network name. (This is the info under the list of wifi networks))

8. click on TCP/IP In the drop down menu on the left, under network

8a. In this menu screen, change the "Ethernet Card" to Wireless and click "set as default"

8b. Change "mode" to static

9. In the app add the device. Here it'll be the setup where it just searches for the device over wifi so it's pretty easy, just follow the prompts and enter the info. (Should be the instructions in the Quick Start Guide for App Setup.)

Notes:
**Going forward, if you're camera isn't connected directly to the router and you want to access this camera settings page you'll need to type in the wireless IP address (192.168.1.216) into chrome, but the username and password should be the same. The camera will need to be powered on to access the settings page (whether it's connected to the router or wireless network).

After following all these steps I just unplugged the camera from the router, it was still active in the app. Then I tested it by unplugging the power and plugging it back in. When it came back online (and the green light was lit), it automatically connected and the picture came back in the app. Next I moved the camera to a different outlet by the front door (originally it was plugged into the outlet by the computer), and it still came back online automatically. Online I saw some people said that it stopped working when they were >50ft away from the router so I don't know if that would be the same for me but our house is pretty small lol so it didn't matter.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

It is 2019. I have a similar issue. "Failed to connect" using Android phone from outside my home (from work). I can connect to the camera via Internet Explorer from work and also Amcrest cloud from work but cant do live streaming via the android phone from work.
tommyz1052

Post by tommyz1052 »

So , yeah its 2019. I was a foscam customer and I went to amcrest for new ones. New sets of issues with these cameras. However what bums me out is that underneath i can tell they are functional.

I have 4 cameras a 1026w, a 943w and a 2 723w. For some odd reason one of the 723's will show a video in the Surveillance Pro. Others do not. however I was able to get the 4 to show in the app.

It would be nice if i could get the video playback and live to work in the surveillance pro.

I get a DHNETSDK error , i saw a thread opened about this error and not responded to.

I recently found a very cheap camera that had software that worked 100%, it seems proprietary and I hate to throw these away and not use them. I have cards in them to record and wonder if its a simple fix for these errors.
outflyin

Post by outflyin »

Same problem that so many others are having here.

I have been connecting to my Amcrest outdoor bullet camera for several months using the Amcrest app on my Android phone and my iPad without major issues. I recently went on vacation for a week and was able to access the camera as usual at first but then it suddenly failed to connect. I tried everything that usually resolves this issue but no luck. The camera was still online because I could remote into my home computer from my laptop and see the live video. I can still access other Amcrest cameras with the mobile app that are located at my parents' house in another state, but not my own camera at home or anywhere else.

I am back home now and have rebooted the camera and still can't connect with the Amcrest app with my phone or ipad.

This is ridiculous. What changed all of a sudden? Nothing on my end.

What can I do to fix this? This camera is of no use to me if I can't see live video from my mobile devices. That is the whole purpose of having the camera. There must be other brands that work better than these continually problematic Amcrest/Foscam cameras.

Would appreciate a fix or a replacement camera sent to me that will work or a refund before I have to go shopping for a better quality camera.

By the way, this camera is still like new and has never even been outside. I haven't got around to mounting it outside yet so it's in my garage protected from the weather.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

While it is hard to say what the problem is with your connection.

I know it just don't sound right but when I have an issue I reset my Router and able to connect again. While I can't say that your issue and mine are related. I just think that is an option that should be done before removing camera and take them steps in the APP. I can tell you that I have mine setup even though I have in past turned off the P2P right now I am using the P2P and I can connect over my Phone App.

At times that needs to be done. Another thing. Please forgive me if already done. But another thing that should be taken care of right off after setting up is changing the IP to Static. This way when the camera restarts or if for what ever reason is lost connection with the Router when it comes back online it will have the same IP and will be able to connect.

if there is still a Connection issue maybe reach out to the Support Staff at Amcrest and see if they can help find this problem. email ([email protected]) or phone (888-212-7538)
Be Safe.
James.S

Post by James.S »

Locking this older post as alot of information is out of date.

if you are still running into issues like this please reach out to our support email so we can work with you directly.

email ([email protected])