Switched routers - any easy way to connect existing cameras?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
TGuelker

Switched routers - any easy way to connect existing cameras?

Post by TGuelker »

Searching the forum using the keyword router returned it was too common of a word.

I ditched Charter's WiFi router and bought a Tenda WiFi router model AC1900. Is there an easy way to get my 10 cameras working again? Some of these cameras are mounted 20 feet up. Having to access the reset button to pair them seems a bit much. They are in the app, so I should be able to tell the app the new SSID and password and it should link up. I've gone into the web app and IP Config tool and don't see how to change anything, especially since none of the cameras are listed.

Thanks!
James.S

Re: Switched routers - any easy way to connect existing cameras?

Post by James.S »

TGuelker wrote:Searching the forum using the keyword router returned it was too common of a word.

I ditched Charter's WiFi router and bought a Tenda WiFi router model AC1900. Is there an easy way to get my 10 cameras working again? Some of these cameras are mounted 20 feet up. Having to access the reset button to pair them seems a bit much. They are in the app, so I should be able to tell the app the new SSID and password and it should link up. I've gone into the web app and IP Config tool and don't see how to change anything, especially since none of the cameras are listed.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, you will need to factory reset your devices and reinitialize them onto your new Network.

Please reach out to us directly so we can further assist you with this issue. ([email protected]) We would be more than happy to work with you directly one on one to resolve this issue.
t84a

Re: Switched routers - any easy way to connect existing cameras?

Post by t84a »

Try setting your new router to the old SSID and passkey. I've done that successfully.