Snapshot with static filename?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
nmunger

Snapshot with static filename?

Post by nmunger »

Hello,

I am trying to setup a snapshot that uses the same filename each time and not derived from the time or date.

This is so I can put the image on a web page for real time updates. I am using the FTP storage section on the cameras web interface and uploading the file to a remote server. Everything is working except the filename changes and I need it to be static.

Thanks!
jack7

Re: Snapshot with static filename?

Post by jack7 »

I don't believe you can do that with Amcrest camera ftp. There was another thread about it somewhere with no solution. It might be possible with some intermediate steps, like sending it to another ftp server where a program could access it, change the file name, and send it to your ftp destination.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Snapshot with static filename?

Post by longedge »

If you can get the rtsp feed to work then a donationware app called YAWCAM would do what you want. I use it to upload an image by ftp to my webspace from a wireless camera I've got on a bird feeder. By default it names files to include time and date but that is changed to a static name very easily in the settings. It only runs while I have got my PC on which is not a problem for me.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03