Safari Plugin not recogonized as installed on MacOS Mojave

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Crf1000

Re: Safari Plugin not recogonized as installed on MacOS Mojave

Post by Crf1000 »

@imz14u2nv
My pleasure! Glad it worked for you. Once I was able to figure it out I knew I had to post it. I use mine on a second monitor that is connected to my iMac (dual screen). I have found by playing with the settings, I am able to have it very close to how it was before through Safari. I found if I hit the maximize icon, I believe, in the top right I was then able to make the app smaller or larger. It was originally stuck on my main screen until I found that I could shrink it down to whatever size I wanted and then had the ability to move it to my secondary screen, like it was prior to Safari 12. Glad I am back up and running too.
imz14u2nv

Post by imz14u2nv »

@Crf1000
Yes, I have 2 27" iMac's (1x2.5k and 1x5k), I have two cameras so I have the app maximized on the 2.5k iMac and it seems to give a really good size to each window. Now only if the large grey unused area at the bottom could be made black this would be perfect.

I do miss the Payback interface from the web plugin, it seemed to have a much more polished interface, seem strange, I would think the app would get the most attention, but maybe web does because it's for all platforms.

Also, the Video detection that I ran from the Web Plugin seems to be non-existent, I guess I need to look around the app some more when I get off work.

But again, thanks soo much for your help with this, Amcrest Tech Support should be thanking you also.
Crf1000

Post by Crf1000 »

@imz14u2nv

Oh thanks! Appreciate the kind words. I agree with all you said. Its going to take some getting use to, thats for sure! Hopefully Amcrest can update the web side and make it compatible with Safari again. I'm just happy I have it back on my computer again! It does have a full size feature that makes just the boxes show up but it throws it to my main screen only. For now I guess I will just work with what is given. Hopefully more will post!
smurad

Post by smurad »

Same issue here, safari 12 has broken it. Firefox version 51.0 worked for me on OSX Mojave but is buggy otherwise. At least the plugin works on this bowser. The latest version of firefox will not work.

If you wish to use, install firefox 51.0 from mozilla ftp
under the addon menu select 'Speco Technologies Mac Viewer' and choose 'always active'
go to advanced- update -choose never check for updates

Amcrest get this sorted and give us an extension that is compatible with chrome!
cirex18

Post by cirex18 »

They should make the plug-in software (and the DVR OS) opensource. Then people could contribute and we wouldn't have this problem.
music4praise

Post by music4praise »

In case it helps anyone, I discovered that the web viewer still works in Opera 12 for Mac which is still available for download. Version 12.16 was the last legacy version of Opera before they switched to the Chrome engine. I have not had any reliability issues with this setup. I do think the resolution in Safari 11 was a bit better, however.
MurrayJimW

Post by MurrayJimW »

SeaMonkey browser works as well.
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/
brianmw36

Post by brianmw36 »

I downloaded iCab web broswer (5.8.5) still works with old plugins.
brianmw36

Post by brianmw36 »

download iCab browser ver 5.8.5, this is the only browser still supporting the old plugin architecture.
smurad

Post by smurad »

MurrayJimW wrote:SeaMonkey browser works as well.
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/
Sea Monkey seems to be the simplest solution, works well and no need to install plugin