Safari Plugin not recogonized as installed on MacOS Mojave

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
captnsmeck

Re: Safari Plugin not recogonized as installed on MacOS Mojave

Post by captnsmeck »

I too have issues with Safari 12 and Amcrest plugins. I can install them, I see the files installed in /Library/Internet Plug-ins, but they don't run. I am currently on High Sierra and short of being able to access my NVR through web I'm using Amcrest Surveillance Pro. But it is a 32-bit app and I am afraid it will not run on Mojave so I haven't upgraded yet. Has anybody been able to successfully run surveillance pro on Mojave?
MurrayJimW

Post by MurrayJimW »

I contacted Amcrest support and received the following reply...

-Ray

We understand that Apple currently has updated the Safari Browser, we are working to resolve some issues that the new update has caused with our plugins. we greatly appreciate your feedback and assistance as well as your patience.

In the meantime feel free to try the Amcrest Cloud Website Or our Amcrest View Pro App. (https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -Downloads)

Amcrest cloud is available to use for viewing the live view as well as setting up cloud recordings. (https://amcrest.com/cloud)

We currently do not have a timeframe as to when this will be resolved however currently it is our number one priority and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you.
I received the identical canned response when I contacted them last week. I wrote them back to tell them that neither the cloud nor their View Pro app worked with my NVR on a mac. They said again they were working as fast as they can. Hopefully they do something soon or I'm going to have to start replacing systems...
captnsmeck

Post by captnsmeck »

MurrayJimW wrote:
I contacted Amcrest support and received the following reply...

-Ray

We understand that Apple currently has updated the Safari Browser, we are working to resolve some issues that the new update has caused with our plugins. we greatly appreciate your feedback and assistance as well as your patience.

In the meantime feel free to try the Amcrest Cloud Website Or our Amcrest View Pro App. (https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -Downloads)

Amcrest cloud is available to use for viewing the live view as well as setting up cloud recordings. (https://amcrest.com/cloud)

We currently do not have a timeframe as to when this will be resolved however currently it is our number one priority and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you.
I received the identical canned response when I contacted them last week. I wrote them back to tell them that neither the cloud nor their View Pro app worked with my NVR on a mac. They said again they were working as fast as they can. Hopefully they do something soon or I'm going to have to start replacing systems...

Which app aren't you able to make work with your NVR? The Amcrest View Pro on iOS/Android? Amcrest View Chrome extension on Mac? Amcrest Surveillance Pro app on Mac?

I have a Mac and running the Surveillance Pro app accessing my NVR. On my iPhone I use the View Pro with no issues as well. The Amcrest Chrome extension or Web Access from Safari or Chrome don't work due to the macOS/Safari plugins restrictions.

Maybe I can help? Which version of macOS do you run? Which NVR do you have? I run High Sierra latest version and I have a NV4108.
MurrayJimW

Post by MurrayJimW »

I'm using 10.14 Mojave and am running several NV4108e-hs units. I can see the DVR in the initial setup, and can "add" the DVR, but am unable to configure it or play video using that app. Any configuration changes yield errors and I've never seen video in there. I don't think I'm alone and am surprised anyone says they have it working per someone else's previous post in this thread:

The Mac version of Surveillance Pro does not work. It lets you add NVRs or cameras but it does not display the cameras. Somebody in this forums had mentioned last year that the developers were working on a fix but there is no updated version.
captnsmeck

Post by captnsmeck »

I am still on High Sierra 10.13.6, maybe that's why the app works for me then. I can configure the NVR, the cams, view live feeds as well as view playbacks. See below screenshot of live view.
[img]
Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 12.05.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 12.05.28 AM.png (1.42 MiB) Viewed 12122 times
[/img]
imz14u2nv

Post by imz14u2nv »

I also have this issue after upgrading (Or Downgrading to Mojave),
I spoke with support twice on the phone and got the exact same response that they are working on this and they also confirmed that the cloud pro and the smart client for the Mac Does Not work.
This is really bad as I have no visibility to my cameras, the support person asked if I can run it on Windows, I explained 4 times, I am running on the Mac, I Do Not have Windows machines for this.

They need to get this resolved ASAP, I asked if they can notify me when there is a fix, this is not good.
jabber101

Post by jabber101 »

The only way to get it to work on a Mac using Mojave is to use chrome and download the Amcrest app. Once downloaded you can run the app in chrome and add your camera's. It works without any issues. I also have QC Cam cam for my outside and have the same issue with their plug in. Dam Mac OSX, its a love, hate thing!
Crf1000

Post by Crf1000 »

How are you getting it to work with Chrome? I have tried several times it does the same thing that Safari does. My cameras never show up. I got the app to show up but it just says log in with Username and Password. After that nothing happens. Just curious? Thanks.
Crf1000

Post by Crf1000 »

I figured it out! I went to https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... llance-Pro and installed the Mac version. (One thing I should mention is I went to this website using Chrome. Not sure if that matters or not. Just wanted to mention it).* You may have to go into system settings and let system install it if your security preferences won’t allow third party software. Once App is installed enter admin and admin in the app. This will open the program. Once it opens, if it doesn’t open up to Devices Tab click on Devices Tab. You should see all your systems populate there. All mine did. For info I have an 8 camera 720p DVR system and a small IP 1080p pan/ tilt camera. Both of my IP’s showed up in the device list within the top box. Select the IP’s that you want added and hit add. They should switch from the top box to the bottom box. Next you should see your system or systems depending on how many you have, show under status, Offline. Click on the pencil to the right for each IP system you have and put your current username and password in. Make sure you confirm all the settings as well. I confirmed mine by looking at the settings on my iPad for the Amcrest Pro app. Hit save at the bottom and you should see your system go from Offline to Online. From here go to the LiveView Tab and select the amount of squares you want for your cameras to display. Then to the right, (for me at least) you should see Default Group. Hit the little + sign next to the folder and you should see your IP or IP’s appear with all your current camera names, under each. Double click on each of the cameras you want displayed and you are in business. I am using an iMac with High Sierra on it with Safari 12. The good thing about this is it doesn’t utilize Safari or Chrome. It’s just using the app! Last thing, make sure you go into Account tab and change the default password for this app. It’s still set at admin and admin. Hope this helps everyone out! I apologize in advance if I left anything out. Wrote this from memory, sorry.
imz14u2nv

Post by imz14u2nv »

@Crf1000
Thanks so much for posting this information, this allows me to get to my cameras from all of my macOS Majave computers.
This does not allow me to overlap the windows the way that I like but it will at least allow me to not be completely blind as I can now at least access my cameras again.

Thanks again, it is alway so helpful to have people who are will to share and help out!!