Relay and/or Alarm Electrical Spec IP2M-841

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cabinrob

Relay and/or Alarm Electrical Spec IP2M-841

Post by cabinrob »

I've search the documentation for the electrical specs for the Relay/Alarm/In/Out connector at the back of the camera.
Couldn't find anything.

1. What is the spec for the Relay-Out connection? Max Voltage? Max Current? (AC or DC rated?)

2. What is the spec for the Alarm-In connection? Max voltage? Voltage that corresponds to "on?" Voltage that corresponds to "off?"
How much current does the input draw?

3. Regarding the values for The Alarm-In connection, do they stay the same whether one picks NO or NC?

Thanks.
cabinrob

Re: Relay and/or Alarm Electrical Spec IP2M-841

Post by cabinrob »

For anyone else looking for this information.
Amcrest was nice enough to send me some output information. Instead of the Relay_Out terminal actually being a relay, the pin is connected to an internal transistor with a 10K pull-up to the internal 5V bus.
As for the "alarm input" terminal, I've been asking for almost two months for specs on this. I keep getting the answer that they will get an answer and/or get back to me right away. Well, as I said, almost two months have passed and still no spec. This is completely unsatisfactory. Why put an input on your product and then not tell your customers how to use it??? I had hopes that Amcrest might be a company that actually did care about their customers and wanted to support them. (If nothing else, to sell more product.) I was wrong......
gringochaz

Post by gringochaz »

I was looking for the relay-out and alarm-in connections as well. Being completely new to security cameras I was wanting to put a siren on one of the three cameras. I like the three IP2M-841 cameras that we purchased and I'm thinking of buying a full time PC for PC-NVR or an external DVR but we are very happy so far.

Any help pointing out external accessories please feel free to post them.

Good luck with the alarm-input terminal information.
Bobber

Post by Bobber »

Amcrest support sent me these images:
Wifi Camera I/O Diagram
Wifi Camera I/O Diagram
ip2m-841-3.png (159.59 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
Wifi Camera I/O Diagram
Wifi Camera I/O Diagram
ip2m-841-2.png (215.59 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
Wifi Camera I/O Diagram
Wifi Camera I/O Diagram
ip2m-841-1.png (202.79 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
rheine3

Post by rheine3 »

Just a little update on this old thread. My ip2m841b has alarm ports on the back. If you look close they are labeled 1000, the left one being positive. For me, the alarm on brings up the third '0' output (port 4) to 1.1v.
Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner »

The marking on the rear of the camera is IGGO, not Iooo Meaning the middle 2 are camera ground.
You may confirm this by checking impedance to audio in or out barrel, or power input 0v.
The relay out does appear to be attached to a mmss8050 which is a 25V 1.5A BJT (bipolar transistor)
R308 does NOT appear to be connected as there is no voltage present when it’s off, and 75-76 ohms to ground when its on, which is consistent with the schematic. Omitting the R308 component is a good move on Amcrest’s part as it provides the user with more flexibility in terms of connection to a 24v PLC for example. One needs a current limiting resistor of course and a protective clamp diode would be wise as the BJT is rated at 25v maximum. Too bad they didn’t put a pair of opto couplers, but then that would’ve cost a buck or two.
Detection is snappy. Now, if I could just figure out how to eliminate that 10 second output stretcher. Anybody know how?