push notifications not working on android

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
cgeddis

Re: push notifications not working on android

Postby cgeddis » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:50 am

I, as well as friends of mine who have a single camera, have been experiencing the same issue. samsung galaxy 5 and 7 . Stopped working for both of us early feb. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times, rebooted devices, as requested by tech support, etc. NO JOY.

QUESTION!! Did anyone get the notifications back for a few days?? We did. From around 6am Feb 24 to just after noon time Feb 26. Then its been dead again.

These cameras are now useless to us both without real time motion detection notification via the app.

gordyh

Postby gordyh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:15 am

I've been without push notifications for ages now, not had time to look at it and finally got round to it and couldn't find any reason for it. Now found this thread so clearly it's not me. Is there a fix for this yet?? Last notification was 7th Feb!

haw1144

Postby haw1144 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:57 am

i actually just realized the other day i stopped getting push notifications as well. i usually look at the snapshot in the email, and open up the app if i see anything concerning.

but recently realized wow... i haven't been getting push notifications. i thought some setting changed, or maybe that I updated to Pie on my S9+.

not only do I not get push notifications, I don't see any Events in the android app, but if I log in with the desktop app, I can search for Events.

James.s

Postby James.s » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Thank you all for your feedback, I just want to reiterate we are collecting as much information as possible and are looking to track down the notification issue cause. Please reach out to us ([email protected]) We would like to work with you to collect information as well as give you some information and keep you up to date on the progress that is being made

jack7 wrote:
James.s wrote:...We are having a hard time replicating the issue 100% within our office...

Has your office found any indication of what works and what doesn't? Notifications have always worked for me and still do. If a working scenario description would help you, let me know what info you would like to have.

Please reach out to us through email ([email protected]) Request to work with me in the subject line and I will work with you directly as this could be helpful to our investigation.
If you have any more questions or concerns about this product or other Amcrest products, please reach out to us at [email protected].

- James.S

jack7

Postby jack7 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:42 pm

James.s wrote:...We are having a hard time replicating the issue 100% within our office...
Does your office have any indication of what works and what doesn't? Notifications have always worked for me and still do. If a working scenario description would help you, let me know what info you would like to have.

James.s

Postby James.s » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:06 pm

jack7 wrote: let me know what info you would like to have.

See the above replies, I would be more than happy to work with you one on one.
If you have any more questions or concerns about this product or other Amcrest products, please reach out to us at [email protected].

- James.S

Systemuser

Postby Systemuser » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:36 pm

Push notifications started working today around 11:53 am PST on 3 phones. Will update here if they stop again. Check push notification configuration in app and make sure it is still enabled.
Update: stopped working again on all phones by 1:03 PST. so was only working for an hour and stopped again.
Last edited by Systemuser on Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haw1144

Postby haw1144 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:55 pm

they seem to randomly work and then stop again for me, at least in the past few days. it would work or be delayed..then just stop again.

duke69111

Postby duke69111 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:30 pm

I'm a new user to my system ( 5 days in), but I get notifications, I just don't get a sound or vibrate. It just pops up on the screen.

James.s

Postby James.s » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:40 pm

duke69111 wrote:I'm a new user to my system ( 5 days in), but I get notifications, I just don't get a sound or vibrate. It just pops up on the screen.

Thank you for your feedback, Please reach out to use so we can collect some feedback on your device as well as provide with assistance with the issues you are having with your phone not sending vibrations or sounds.

- James.S

Return to “Amcrest View Pro”