push notifications not working on android

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Systemuser

Re: push notifications not working on android

Post by Systemuser »

Push notifications stopped working again after an hour on older phone and by next day newer phone.
fil50

Post by fil50 »

Systemuser, that's a lot of work to go thru..

No Push Notifications here on the eastern side!!

Let's keep each other updated!!

Day 7 of Bird Box, presented by Amcrest!
Yardstick

Post by Yardstick »

Notifications are still out for me too. Haven't seen even a hint of them since the 23rd.

The latest e-mail from Amcrest says, "Thank you for providing me the details I have passed the information to the concern team, I will get back to you once I have an update from them." So still no help or solution from them, but I guess they are aware of the problem.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Post no longer relevant.
Last edited by jack7 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
cschmidtok

Post by cschmidtok »

From what I can tell there is no solution. This is the response I received from Amcrest support.
Hello,

I'm sorry to inform you that this is an issue we are currently seeing, our team in charge is now working to fix it, once I have the solution I will let you know ASAP,

Thank you for being understandable and have a good day!
I have a different support ticket with them with the same response. Something that is very interesting is they keep asking about where I purchased my camera and the model. This leads me to believe that there could be cameras that have hacked firmware on them. They won't admit this but they won't shed any light with what's really going on.
daren

Post by daren »

It's complete crap. They haven't released firmware in 6 month but they say they are working on it? This isn't an Android issue, it's an app issue. If it was an Android issue you would see entries in the Event List which you never received a notification for. I'm getting events saved to storage, but the mobile app isn't registering any events.

People need to stay away from this product. I've bought 2 cameras 3 years ago, and made the mistake of thinking they would have fixed things by now with 3 new 4k camera's and they STILL haven't fixed push notifications.
fil50

Post by fil50 »

Daren, exactly!!!!

I have two units, one for my property and one for the office (completely independent of each other).
I never have the office system set for push notifications, the one on my property yes.
SO as an experiment I tried to set the office one for push notifications and guess what same problem.
SO it's not the unit at the property, it's a problem on their end. Why they are going thru the trouble of asking us model numbers and what ever else they ask us for is bull!
They should focus their efforts at resolving the problem!!
fil50

Post by fil50 »

And just to be a pain.....

Day 11 of Bird Box, presented by Amcrest!
fil50

Post by fil50 »

UPDATE:

Got notifications on my phone around 6am, but for only 2 hours....

The struggle continues.
telco1968

Post by telco1968 »

Same here it worked for a few hrs on 2/4/19 in the morning. I emailed support and have provided them make, model, os version and push notification settings of my phone. I am waiting for them to get back to me. Its been down for me since 1/23/19.