Opening a Port for IP2M-841B on Nightgear X6

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dljone1

Opening a Port for IP2M-841B on Nightgear X6

Post by dljone1 »

I have an 2 IP2M-841B cameras. I can remotely access one camera through port 80. I can't remotely connect to the 2nd camera. When I was online with Amcrest Tech Support, the tech tried to connect to port 8090 but did not have success.

I have a Netgear X6 router (model number 7900). I have tried to open this port but can not. Canyouseeme.org shows "connection refused."

Can someone please give me some guidance as to how to open a port using this router?
Mildew

Re: Opening a Port for IP2M-841B on Nightgear X6

Post by Mildew »

You need to open TWO ports on the router for the camera to work: RTSP and HTTP
dljone1

Post by dljone1 »

RTSP is apparently not an option on the router dropdown. Am I missing something?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

dljone1

Post by dljone1 »

I followed the videos directions and I was able to open port 80 (HTTP) and 37777 (TCP) but NOT 37778 (UDP). These are the same settings for both cameras. Again, I can remotely access one camera but not the other.

(When an Amcrest tech remoted into my machine, she tried to forward port 8090 without success.)

The web app shows the same connection settings (including the above ports) for BOTH cameras. Differences that I notice. I get a live feed through the web app as long as I'm accessing it through my router.

Under TCP/IP the remotely working camera ("working") shows a host name of IPC vs. "unknown" for the non-remotely working camera. Additionally, the settings for the working camera show a "1" in the 3rd digit (vs. 0 in non-working) for IP, default gateway, and preferred DNS server. I can't seem to change the settings. When I try resetting the defaults I can't access the camera anymore. (I have to cable it back into the router and reset it in order to get local capability again.)

Under the P2P tab (under TCP/IP section), the working camera shows it as online and the non-working shows it as offline.

I had remote access with my TP-Link but that was with Comcast as my ISP. I now have a fiber setup with MetroNet but I have a static address and MetroNet swears that all of my ports can be opened.

How can I get remote access for BOTH cameras? Am I missing something?
dljone1

I'm not sure why but IT WORKS!!

Post by dljone1 »

I now have remote access to BOTH of my cameras!! This has been a long time coming. I've had fiber internet since late December 2017 and this was one of the downsides as my prior router/ISP had remove access to both cameras just fine.

The solution involved setting the static IP I had to obtain (at extra cost) to a NO-IP domain name. In the Amcrest android app, I set up the camera using this domain name. In my router settings, I opened up ports 80, 37777, and 554.

I wondering, though, why does the domain name access ONLY this one camera? To be honest, when I entered the static IP address in the Amcrest browser extension, I was surprised that it accessed this camera. Is it because I forwarded the above ports for this camera? I'm asking this in case I want to add another camera or two. The other camera has remote access via P2P, this camera uses the NO-IP domain name attached to this static IP.

How would I attach a third -- or more -- camera(s)? I'm glad I finally have my remote access but I would really like to understand the "why."
Mildew

Post by Mildew »

Actually, you didn't have to buy a static IP address. You can set a static IP address (with the router) within the camera. Click Network, click TCP/IP, click the drop down arrow next to Ethernet Card and choose Wireless. Then, on the Mode line, choose Static. Click save.
dljone1

Post by dljone1 »

Mildew wrote:Actually, you didn't have to buy a static IP address. You can set a static IP address (with the router) within the camera. Click Network, click TCP/IP, click the drop down arrow next to Ethernet Card and choose Wireless. Then, on the Mode line, choose Static. Click save.
I had to get a static IP from my provider in order to open ports. Apparently this is inherent in the Network Address Translation protocol they use.