NVR setup question

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lemmy999

NVR setup question

Post by lemmy999 »

With the Amcrest IP cameras I own I am able to access them via a web browser from a computer on my LAN using their LAN IP address and port and have access to every setup option for the camera using this web interface. However in all of the setup videos for the Amcrest NVRs it shows hooking up a monitor and mouse directly to the NVR unit to set them up. After it shows how you can access them remotely via the web interface. My questions are

1. Is it possible to set them up without having a mouse and monitor hooked up to the NVR? In other words, can you set them up over the web interface like you can the camera?

2. Via the web interface, do you have access to all of the settings (the same settings that are available if you have a mouse and monitor hooked up to the NVR)?

Thanks.
lemmy999

Re: NVR setup question

Post by lemmy999 »

Anybody?
jack7

Re: NVR setup question

Post by jack7 »

I have not done this but here is how it appears to work:

1. Yes, use Amcrest Ip Config to find the NVR IP address. You could probably also us Amcrest Surveillance Pro.

2. Yes

For details, see page 44, etc.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/amcrest-files/ ... +Guide.pdf