No longer works with Chrome

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jrw

Re: No longer works with Chrome

Post by jrw »

Middle of december ..... no support. Is this even being worked?
huvanile

Post by huvanile »

Somewhere in a corporate office a developer has this task as a to-do item. It's been sitting on his desk for months. Emails from management, customer support reps, and sales teams are piling up. Everyone wants to know just what the problem is. He or she doesn't dare look at the amcrest.com forums because this person knows that customers are getting more and more upset with each day, week, and month that goes on. It's the middle of December 2015 and this person seems incapable of updating a pre-existing Web application to work with one of the most common browsers in the world. What.the.#$%&.man.
Avengersoul

Post by Avengersoul »

Firefox just released their 64bit version which no longer supports java and cannot be used with the camera system, Firefox 32bit will be dropping support sometime in 2016 as well.

So when exactly will an updated plugin be released because the list of supported browsers is dwindling. Or is Amcrest too incompetent to create one?
jrw

Post by jrw »

Middle of January and suspicious silence from Amcrest.

Crickets ....
dwradcliffe

Post by dwradcliffe »

This is frustrating me too. Why can't you develop a web interface that uses normal web technology instead of a custom plugin?
kuhnwall

Post by kuhnwall »

The only way I have found to get a live view in Chrome is by installing the "IE Tab" extension. The extension opens a new tab in IE mode. Typing your camera's IP should give you the log-in. You can further automate this by configuring the extension to always own opening the camera'a IP. Then bookmark the IP. Set up the username/password (if your use is appropriate for that) and have one-click access to the feed.

This isn't as good as native support. But it is a lot better (to me) than running an entire second browser to run one app.

K
klier

Post by klier »

I'm awaiting this update too. All major browsers will stop supporting Java and other Plugins very quickly.

Here's a little consolation for those looking to get a live view in Chrome:

Go to this URL:

http://username:[email protected]/cg ... &subtype=0

Where username and password are your credentials to login to your Amcrest. Replace 192.168.2.x with the IP address of your camera.

You may also change subtype=0 with subtype=1 to view the lower-bandwidth feed.

The motion JPEG streaming works perfectly in Google Chrome, so I'm confident it's just a matter for Amcrest to build the web pages to take advantage of this technology instead of requiring a plugin. PTZ still works in Chrome with even without the plugin.
ccs86

Post by ccs86 »

Still not working...

Come on Amcrest, don't make us leave bad reviews. Just take care of your customers!
ccs86

Post by ccs86 »

klier wrote:I'm awaiting this update too. All major browsers will stop supporting Java and other Plugins very quickly.

Here's a little consolation for those looking to get a live view in Chrome:

Go to this URL:

http://username:[email protected]/cg ... &subtype=0

Where username and password are your credentials to login to your Amcrest. Replace 192.168.2.x with the IP address of your camera.

You may also change subtype=0 with subtype=1 to view the lower-bandwidth feed.

The motion JPEG streaming works perfectly in Google Chrome, so I'm confident it's just a matter for Amcrest to build the web pages to take advantage of this technology instead of requiring a plugin. PTZ still works in Chrome with even without the plugin.

Thanks for this option!

How did you get PTZ working, though?
amcrestdood

Post by amcrestdood »

Amcrest, please just code a normal web interface that doesn't require special plugins. Some of us have to access this away from home and can't depend on the unstable app. Use html5 or something