Need snapshot to FTP to overwrite the same name

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
robynabc

Need snapshot to FTP to overwrite the same name

Post by robynabc »

Hi,

I finally figured out how to get this to send a snapshot to the ftp server every minute. I now need to know how to get the image to have the same name and overwrite the same picture so I can use it as a web camera on a website that I manage.

Thank you in advance
robynabc

Re: Need snapshot to FTP to overwrite the same name

Post by robynabc »

I need to be able to set the file name. Does this camera work with other software out there?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello robynabc,
This camera does not have an option to use a set file name for FTP images. It works with Blue Iris but not sure about other software.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

robynabc

Post by robynabc »

Support told me that you would add that to your software for me. It is a simple field.
robynabc

Post by robynabc »

You did not get back to me, I bought this wanting ftp access for a website camera. If you do not add the file name to the software, I am taking it back. Your service is terrible and your software is even worse. Too bad. I will leave a review on Amazon too. Someone from your support said they would add it for me. Blue Iris is okay except when you turn off your computer it stops sending the image. I wish you had not promised me something you won't do. I am getting a different camera.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello robynabc,
I apologize for the delay. That feature needs to be added to the cam with a firmware update. It might take some tome before an update comes with this additional feature and none of our software currently can set a filename for the FTP snapshots.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

robynabc

Post by robynabc »

Right but I was promised the item and no one called me back. If you would add it I can guarantee several sales from my company. They are just begging for that feature. The person I talked to said they could do it.
SecretCow

Post by SecretCow »

Is there any update to this feature being available on *any* Amcrest Camera? We're in the market for a new webcam to upload snapshots on an interval via FTP, but need to upload with the same filename each time (with no timestamp). Thanks for your time!
kimreck

Post by kimreck »

I need the same thing.

with that i can recommend buying this camera to like 10 other people that need this feature
kimreck

Post by kimreck »

knowing how to program this feature is easy to add!...
if this continues it will just show me that support of feature requests are ignored and you dont know your market well enough.