Motion playback issue via mobile app

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mjamike

Motion playback issue via mobile app

Post by mjamike »

Hi,
I cannot playback recorded motion clips from the IP4M-1056EW within the Amcrest View Pro app on Android. I also own the IPM-721B and can playback motion clips from that camera just fine within the app.

Both cameras play back recorded motion clips just fine when I view the interface via Internet Explorer - but I have noticed a difference. The functioning camera (IPM-721B) marks the motion clips as "motion" while the other one (IP4M-1056EW) marks them as "event". My best guess is that the app doesn't count "event" as motion so it will not load when I try to play it back. I simply get the "no recording found" message every time when setting my search parameters. I can watch continuous recordings without a problem, but not events.

Screenshots:
IPM-721B (Works via app)
IPM-721B with motion
IPM-721B with motion
IPM-721B-IE-Inked.jpg (837.27 KiB) Viewed 4559 times
IP4M-1056EW (doesn't playback motion within app)
IP4M-1056EW with event instead of motion
IP4M-1056EW with event instead of motion
IP4M-1056EW-IE-Inked.jpg (835.92 KiB) Viewed 4559 times
Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a fix? If not, then I am hoping this post gets the attention of the right people to create a fix (firmware update?).

I did not contact support yet, but it was partly because I always appreciate being able to google a problem and find the answer on a forum - so I figured I would do this to try and make that possible for someone else who may be having the same problem.

I also tested the iOS app and noticed that it doesn't even let you select motion events for playback. That's a pretty big drawback in my opinion. Maybe I am using it wrong?

IP4M-1056EW: https://amcrest.com/amcrest-ultrahd-268 ... 056ew.html

IPM-721B: https://amcrest.com/amcrest-720p-wifi-v ... -1121.html
Attachments
IP4M-1056EW-android-app.jpg
IP4M-1056EW-android-app.jpg (108.57 KiB) Viewed 4559 times
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Motion playback issue via mobile app

Post by Melvin »

Hello mjamike ,

Thank you for the detailed post. The IP4M-1056EW is a new model and we have not had any reports of this issue so far. It will be worth checking if the cameras has the correct date and time set on it.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

mjamike

Post by mjamike »

The date and time is correct. The camera has the right date/time overlayed when playing back footage too.
Attachments
date_time.PNG
date_time.PNG (70.38 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
mjamike

Post by mjamike »

Thanks for the response. The date and time is correct on the camera and when I play back events via Internet Explorer they line up with the corresponding time that is chosen (the timestamp on the video matches the actual time they were recorded). I really think it is an issue with the fact that the camera is labeling motion as "event" and the android app doesn't have an option to view "event"
Seamless

Post by Seamless »

I had a similar issue and found the solution was resetting the default date/time format. This includes changing back to 24hr time format, as I see you have 12hr set. You may try giving that a shot. Hope this helps!
mjamike

Post by mjamike »

Seamless wrote:I had a similar issue and found the solution was resetting the default date/time format. This includes changing back to 24hr time format, as I see you have 12hr set. You may try giving that a shot. Hope this helps!
Thanks for your input! I changed the time format and rebooted the camera but no luck. Does your camera show "event" or "motion" as a playback option when viewing in a web browser (see my photos above)? I know I seem hung up on the event/motion thing, but that is the only difference I have seen so far.
Seamless

Post by Seamless »

Just checked and all my cameras have "Event". I believe the time/date is incorporated into the file names, so anything that was already recorded with the 12hr format is already set. Did you try recording some new motion events after making the change to 24 hr format?
mjamike

Post by mjamike »

I do have new events but they aren't playing back in the android app (only IE). I did try removing and re-adding the camera from the app.

What version of the app do you have? I am on 3.43.0102. You're also on android I am assuming, right?

I also tried:
removed all cameras from app - added only the IP4M - still had issue
removed app / reinstalled app - added IP4M via serial number - still had issue
removed cam / added cam via LAN IP - still had issue
Attachments
date_time_24hr.PNG
date_time_24hr.PNG (114.05 KiB) Viewed 4540 times
Seamless

Post by Seamless »

Yes same android version. Looking now at the camera models, I see the one has SD card storage, and the other does not. I think maybe the problem is you are trying to access playback from non existent storage on the camera itself. (where as the first camera you are accessing the sd card in your camera ) You may need to instead add your NVR as the device in the app and search playback from that? I have not ventured into that area yet, so this is pure speculation. All my cameras have SD card storage, so I've added the cameras directly.
mjamike

Post by mjamike »

I actually am using SD card storage in the camera with the issue. Hmmmmmm