Motion Detect schedule vs Recording Schedule

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mikeklod

Motion Detect schedule vs Recording Schedule

Post by mikeklod »

IP4M-1051 wifi indoor cam.

Using Amcrest app for Android. I went to Config Center>>Motion Detect>>Schedule to set up times to record motion.

How is this different than Config Center>>Recording Schedule? Nothing seems set up under that Recording Schedule tab.

Thanks.

Mike
jack7

Re: Motion Detect schedule vs Recording Schedule

Post by jack7 »

Motion detect/Schedule is set for when you want motion detect on. To record MD, turn on Record there, and go to Recording Schedule and set it to when you want to record. Then Save.
You could also use IE Web UI to do this. It has additional settings like motion detect threshold.
mikeklod

Post by mikeklod »

jack7 wrote:Motion detect/Schedule is set for when you want motion detect on. To record MD, turn on Record there, and go to Recording Schedule and set it to when you want to record. Then Save.
You could also use IE Web UI to do this. It has additional settings like motion detect threshold.
Hi Jack. So the Motion Detect Schedule will just notify me if there is motion, but not record the clips to my SD card? To actually record the video, I need to make the Recording Schedule match the motion detect schedule? Confused why there are two schedules to set.

Thanks!

Mike
mikeklod

Post by mikeklod »

Anyone else can help?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

mikeklod wrote: Hi Jack. So the Motion Detect Schedule will just notify me if there is motion, but not record the clips to my SD card? To actually record the video, I need to make the Recording Schedule match the motion detect schedule? Confused why there are two schedules to set.
Thanks!
Mike
Try this for an explaination:
https://amcrest.com/forum/technical-dis ... t1035.html