Managing Cameras Using Web Browser

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
kvic

Managing Cameras Using Web Browser

Post by kvic »

I would like to be able to manage my Amcrest Cameras (IPM-723 and IP3M-954E) using IE11, but am having an issue. When I log into the camera and go to Setup>Configuration, the video for the camera is "offset" and covering the settings. This makes it impossible to make any changes to the settings for the camera. Anyone else seeing this? Solutions?

I have been trying to use the Chrome Webview plugin as well. Having to type in the ip address for each camera to access the camera is a pain. Also, I am having issues with defining the detection area when I go to Setup>Event>Video Detection . When I try to define the detection area by clicking on the boxes in the grid, the box my mouse if hovering is not the box that is enabled/disabled. It is enabling/disabling a box that is up and to the left of where my mouse is pointing. Anyone else seeing this? Solutions?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Managing Cameras Using Web Browser

Post by Melvin »

Hello kvic,

Unfortunately the Chrome plugin has some limitations right now. Also these seems to be some issue with IE as well. I would suggest the Amcrest Surveillance Pro to view and play back from multiple cameras.

We are also having issue with Firefox after the latest update. We are working on fixing this asap. Meantime
go to https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Install- ... /ta-p/1564 and install older version Firefox 49.0.2. Do a Custom install and uncheck "Maintenance" and should work fine.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

greeman

Post by greeman »

I had the same problem. The only thing that I found to fix it was to go into "internet options", and under "security" turn off "Enable Protected Mode". After that everything worked fine, but I'm not comfortable with that setting.
markcm

Post by markcm »

Chrome has an extension called IE tab which I use and seems to work well. It opens iE like tab in chrome.
kvic

Post by kvic »

I've tried it out and it does work ... the only issue being that the video on the configuration pages does not align. It is still shifted down and to the right, but it no longer covers the controls. So, it does work better, but not correctly.

I have installed an older version of Firefox (49.02) just to manage my cameras with - I do not use it to browse the Internet. The latest version of Firefox no longer works with my Amcrest cameras. This older version of Firefox seems to be the only browser I have been able to use that works correctly with my cameras.

I find it quite ridiculous that Amcrest has not addressed these issues with their web browser plugins. Being able to manage your camera is a basic feature that should work flawlessly. These issues have been reported to them for quite some time and yet no resolution. Very disappointing....
markcm

Post by markcm »

Before trashing Amcrest too much... maybe it could be something else specific to your settings or maybe video card related? I have a 960p camera, several IP2M, IP3M, and an NVR4108, all of which are amcrest and view correctly in the amcrest browser and directly via IP in Chrome with the IE Tab extension. I have a desktop and a laptop, both of which have no viewing issues and I have not done any specific configuration such as rolling back to old versions.

Do you have a second computer you can try on?

Are your camera's firmware all up to date?

Have you tried using surveillence pro?

You might try Opera browser, I used to use that with a Foscam camera I was having issue with although I stopped using Opera when I figured out the IE Tab extension for Chrome as it worked with my Foscam as well.
kvic

Post by kvic »

Browser plug in issues are well documented throughout this forum and acknowledged by Amcrest. So, I don't feel I am trashing Amcrest at all. Just pointing out a lack of response to an issue that has been around for awhile.

I am most positive this is not an issue specific to my setup. Computers and cameras are all up to date. Same results on different computers on my network.

Survellience Pro does work, but it does not show all the settings (or at least I do not see them) that connecting via the browser shows. One example is setting up recording to a local Ftp server.
wallothekeep

Post by wallothekeep »

I cannot use Firefox any longer to manage my Amcrest DVR. After a firefox update I am faced with a continuous loop of "Install Plugin" requests. Just telling me to go back to an old release of firefox is not a viable method of fixing the problem. I use firefox with hundreds of applications. Freezing it for one of them is not an option.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

As of the latest update of Mozilla Firefox, they will be discontinuing the use of plugins and causing not being able to access the your device using Mozilla Firefox. The plugin will affect the ability to view and playback options. Setting changes will still be available using this method on most devices(HDCVI systems will not work).

We are currently working on a more permanent solution to the issue. You can try the below work around if you have installed the latest version of Firefox.Please note that Firefox does not recommend this to be a safe method.

Step 1: Input about:config in Firefox address bar, hit enter

Please select “I accept the risk”

Step 2: Right click and choose New, then Boolean

Please input name: plugin.load_flash_only

Then click OK, choose false and click OK again.

Then please close and restart Firefox and try again.
Attachments
image1
image1
wa1.png (14.7 KiB) Viewed 13481 times
image2
image2
wa2.png (140.72 KiB) Viewed 13481 times
image3
image3
wa3.png (177.29 KiB) Viewed 13481 times
image4
image4
wa4.png (40.68 KiB) Viewed 13481 times
image5
image5
wa5.png (36.76 KiB) Viewed 13481 times
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

markcm

Post by markcm »

kvic wrote:I've tried it out and it does work ... the only issue being that the video on the configuration pages does not align. It is still shifted down and to the right, but it no longer covers the controls. So, it does work better, but not correctly.

I have installed an older version of Firefox (49.02) just to manage my cameras with - I do not use it to browse the Internet. The latest version of Firefox no longer works with my Amcrest cameras. This older version of Firefox seems to be the only browser I have been able to use that works correctly with my cameras.

I find it quite ridiculous that Amcrest has not addressed these issues with their web browser plugins. Being able to manage your camera is a basic feature that should work flawlessly. These issues have been reported to them for quite some time and yet no resolution. Very disappointing....
Is it possibly related to something unique like a video card in your machine, or firmware on your cameras? Do you have a second computer you can check this against? I mention this because I have a 960p, several IP2M, and IP3M cameras (all Amcrest) and knock on wood but I have no issues viewing any of them in Chrome within the IE-base TAB extension on my desktop or my laptop.