Managing Cameras Using Web Browser

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
liftman

Re: Managing Cameras Using Web Browser

Post by liftman »

Sea monkey wants a plugin and still does not work.
liftman

Post by liftman »

How do I get the correct grid highlighted in the motion detection settings to light up?
When I hover over a section of grid with my cursor and click on said section a highlight appears in a section off to the right of the one I clicked. I cannot even highlight any of the grid sections on the left third of the grid.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

"How do I get the correct grid highlighted" - Just a guess, have you got your Windows display settings at anything other than 100%. This was the answer for me when I had a similar problem i.e. changing it back to 100%. It's down to applications not being "scaling aware" so the wrong coordinates are detected.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
nix

Post by nix »

This issue is truly disgusting that its been going on for so long with no care by amcrest,other than jumping thru hoops,compromising security by installing old browsers,editing browser controls etc...changing the display to 100% makes my text unreadable,you cant even zoom in the video window now using the chrome app,...because it does the same as the motion detection zone glitch,whereas you click to zoom in on something,only for the zoom zone to actually be no where near where you clicked...really annoying i would never by another amcrest product its insulting customer service.The reality is they should fix the plugin/app..or work with the browser makers to do that,not make there customer suffer,simple as that.

update:i did try out the display settings at 100% in the chrome app...and it did fix the motion zone issue and the zoom issue too,i just set it back to 150% so i could actually read the text on my desktop afterwards!!!
Kenlyn66

Post by Kenlyn66 »

This is amazing that Amcrest has not solved this. Please post a solution.
tschleining

Post by tschleining »

I know this thread is old but I'm have the same issue managing two different cameras on my mac using the chrome app. One of the cameras was purchased less than 6 months ago. This issue is rendering both of the cameras pretty much useless since I can't configure two areas I need to due to what I'm assuming is a High DPI issue. I had to borrow a laptop from a friend to just adjust the detection area originally. Now I want to adjust the detection area after a neighbor installed a tree and I can't do it with my own computer. So now what?