Is managed hosting suitable for Amcrest.?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
RamonaRoy

Is managed hosting suitable for Amcrest.?

Post by RamonaRoy »

I want to install Amcrest security setup in my office and need to have live streaming of my office 24/7 and that too on my mobile set. So, it is clear that I have to host it somewhere. I have one hosting in spare which I bought some time earlier for some important work. However, due to a delay in that program I have AWS managed hosting server available. The managed AWS server is powered by Cloudways. So, my question is that will I be able to use that hosting with Amcrest or I have to go some other hosting which is bit more specific with Amcrest security.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Is managed hosting suitable for Amcrest.?

Post by Melvin »

Hi RamonaRoy,

If you just want live streaming to your phone no need of any hosting service , You need to have good internet connection to connect the cameras and amcrest has its own application for mobile devices to access the cameras locally as well as from remote location.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

jack7

Re: Is managed hosting suitable for Amcrest.?

Post by jack7 »

RamonaRoy, if you need to save all your 24/7 recordings, you need a NVR, NAS, PC-NVR, PC Blue Iris, or FTP server. I suppose your AWS/Cloudways could do it if it has a FTP server.