IP8M-2496EB - Objects in motion look like Thanos is dissolving them

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
JHELMS

IP8M-2496EB - Objects in motion look like Thanos is dissolving them

Post by JHELMS »

Just picked up two of these cameras. Having a lot of issues with objects in motion on both cameras (latest firmware installed). In short, especially at night, people walking or moving show a trail of what looks like smoke behind them - like their bodies are being dissolved as they walk. Totally weird. Makes it impossible to view any detail while in motion. Stationary objects are clear.

Also, when set to 1080p and 30fps, about 1/2 way through the recording, the image suddenly stutters like the camera goes from 30fps to 15. First half of the video is fine, 2nd half is awful. So I settled on going back to full res and 10fps.

Quite frustrated as I "upgraded" from a couple of older amcrest 1080p bullet cameras and did not have any of these issues. Pretty sure I can deal if I can get the ghosting / dissolving look to go away especially at night. Attached a photo, you can see the ghosting trail coming off the dog and the person.

I have tried cbr and vbr. All set to max bitrate and everywhere in between. Have tried WDR and all processing.Have tried all resolutions. I have seen others mention shutter speed and more camera focused settings but I have never found those options in my setup. Any advice or help is appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190219-211009_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20190219-211009_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (622.36 KiB) Viewed 511 times
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-2496EB - Objects in motion look like Thanos is dissolving them

Post by Melvin »

Hi JHELMS,

Please check below article for night vision issues.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... on-Issues-
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

JimBob

Post by JimBob »

My Amcrest IP2M-841B-V3 has much better night vision (IR off) than my new AmcrestIP3M-941W. Very disappointed, I was expecting to have such a better video. So what is the problem? Well like a film camera it's about film speed. If your film is slow film then if someone moves it blurs. But this is digital, so it's different. Analog film takes the whole picture at once, digital is one pixel at a time. Lots of processing time from start to finish. Lower light means longer processing. So provide more light (IR or other) and you will have a better picture.
JimBob

Post by JimBob »

One more thing after looking again at your picture. Mask off any bright spots in your picture and switch to Black and White. At night you should be in BW for the best picture. Unless you have big (IR) or big flood lights.