IP2M-841B teardown?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
martin777

IP2M-841B teardown?

Post by martin777 »

How do I release the ribbon cable clip on the main board?
Does it slide straight out at a right angle from the ribbon?
Pic?

thanks
IP2M-842E,848E,853E,858W (all PoE), 3-841W's WiFi
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B teardown?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

This is an old post. While there is no one to answer because tearing down a Amcrest Camera isn't something that should be done.. I am sure by now you have figured out how to remove the Camera ribbon out of the clip, I am just wondering why you wanted to...

You have an 841 that needs repairs?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B teardown?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

However to better answer your question

I would expect that no one should be working on their camera however in some cases the Warranty is up. Might need to Replace the Battery. I know mine is dead lol...

Anyway. The Ribbon holder is Flipped down to hold in the cable. Once the holder arm is lifted the cable comes out...

To anyone that has the camera out of warranty and needs to replace the battery.. There is 4 Screws holding the Bottome on, Then there is 1 screw inside that holds the MB down... Remove the cords that are attached to the MB for Tilt motor and one for the Mic, Then you will need to ever so careful flip up the Holder for the Camera. Then it will slide out. Once out you will be able to gain access to the Very Small Battery. This is Soldered on the MB and you will need to find one same volts and solder type if you can. If not well there is some room in the camera for one that has a holder or safety wrap. Just make sure it has same Volts as the one your replacing. Once the battery is connected back you can take the ribbon and slide back in holder, flip the clip down, connect the Tilt motor cable, then starting with the back slide the MB into frame. Make sure you get the Reset switch led in right spot and don't force this.. With little time you will get it to slide in... The MB will not fit right if the parts in the back are not seated right. Force it will damage the camera... Once in. Replace the little screw. Plug in the Mic, Put the Bottom on and put the 4 screws back in...

Anyone that has never done any type of soldering or Micro Electronic Repairs I would say leave this to people that work on these, have the right tools and knowledge for making these repairs... Opening anything in Warranty will Void your warranty. All damage caused is at the risk of the person doing such repairs.
841EHolder.jpg
841EHolder.jpg (103.64 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe